Parcells alludes to possible trade(s) coming

rafaelgreco

Reaction score

Originally posted by Weasel from a sports forum:

During his press conference, he alluded to several teams wanting players on his roster.

Look for another LB or two to be traded and maybe some others. Possible trade bait:

Singleton, Fowler, Boiman, Hoyte, Glymph
Kenyon Coleman, Nate Jones, Willie Pile
Tyson Thompson, Fabini, Sean Ryan, Tony Curtis, Terrance Copper and Al Johnson

What positions would Dallas want?
WR, DT, OL, TE and most importantly a punter who can kickoff, possibly a young QB

posted by The Gryphon

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
Fowler, K. Coleman, and T. Thompson seem to be the most likely trade bait.

idk why anybody would give up anything for coleman.

A)hes average at best
2)hes gonna be released anyways

Hiero

Reaction score
Future 585 said:

A)hes average at best
he's got great size for a 3-4 de, and he has experience in a 3-4 under Parcells. I think the 49ers could use a guy like him

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
rafaelgreco said:

During his press conference, he alluded to several teams wanting players on his roster.

Look for another LB or two to be traded and maybe some others. Possible trade bait:

WR, DT, OL, TE and most importantly a punter who can kickoff, possibly a young QB

posted by The Gryphon

You're kidding, right?........

McBriar will be our punter period.

Luckily Parcells values field-position more than this dude.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
rafaelgreco said:

posted by The Gryphon

:eek:

proline

Reaction score
I think any trades we make will be for draft picks, not players. It's already to the point where it will be difficult to decide who stays on the 53 man roster, and if we are only looking to trade our "leftovers", don't expect to see a player come our way that would make the final roster. That would only happen if we traded a player AND a draft pick for someone, and I don't see us giving away our draft picks.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
proline said:
I think any trades we make will be for draft picks, not players. It's already to the point where it will be difficult to decide who stays on the 53 man roster, and if we are only looking to trade our "leftovers", don't expect to see a player come our way that would make the final roster. That would only happen if we traded a player AND a draft pick for someone, and I don't see us giving away our draft picks.

:hammer:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
proline said:

yep...agree

we may get a late pick for a couple of guys but I wouldnt ben expecting anything earth shattering

David

sago1

Reaction score
I'd be perfectly happy with a late pick--a bunch of late picks would be welcome given how good we've done with them last few years under Parcells & also number of good young undrafted rookies we've gotten--both of which have helped Cowboys immensely. I remember last year when I read/heard in several places how a bunch of other NFL team scouts were hanging around VR waiting for our cuts cause they very interested in 2 DL who believe would be cut--Ratliff & Johnson. Will Parcells confounded them all and kept both; they are now important backups (to Spears & Ferguson). Hopefully Johnson can step it up and become solid starter when needed to give Ferguson a rest & Ratliff looks real good when he gets the chance to get in for Spears.

Manster68

Reaction score
rafaelgreco said:

posted by The Gryphon
You don't get rid of Tyson Thompson and Al Johnson.

If Gurode goes down, who snaps the ball?

Who returns the kicks if Thonpson gets traded?

Not going to happen.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
rafaelgreco said:

posted by The Gryphon

I think you can scratch these names off this list.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Future 585 said:

A)hes average at best
Same could have been said about Shanle.

Nice Avatar btw. IC alum here.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
come on now. we'll be lucky if we can trade anyone.

there is an outside shot we move Coleman.

I'd be shocked if anyone else netted a pick.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I agree with some of that PonyFan, with Gymph, but I am hoping that Parcells keeps him, he would help out.

Players I think that are tradeable are as follows;
1. Kenyon Coleman DE might get a 6-thto 7th pick

2. Ryan Fowler (why have load of linebackers with Ware, Ellis, Carpenter, Burnett, Hoyte-(the Patriots really love him), Al Singleton, Boiman, Akin & Brady, that makes 9 linebackers with Hoyte, without adding Glymph, so you could see 2 linebackers traded.

3. OT's Colombo, Fabini, Flozell Adams, Petti & McQuistan
keepers are Colombo, Adams, McQuistan and either Fabini or Petti, the other one might be traded. Who has value to be traded Fabini, you got to remember he just came off pectorla chest injury, just rounding into shape, if a teams offensive linemen go down, then boom trade value.

4. Marcus Coleman doesnt have value, he has a 4 game suspension coming up.

5. Another person that may have value to be traded is Keith Davis, granted he is starting free safety, but remember NO wanted him bad, and reports are that Watkins is doing real well, and Parcells said he has started rookie safeties before. You might see Davis traded during the year, before the NFL deadline if Watkins comes on, and Coleman gets himself in shape. That would bring value.

6. TE maybe just maybe Sean Ryan traded but I doubt it.Maybe if lucky Curtis, but low pick like a 6th or 7th.

7. What do I think we could get, maybe a 5th to 7th for Coleman, 3rd or 4th for Fabini if another team needs OT like experienced Fabini, 4th to 5th for Fowler and a 3rd for Davis if Watkins comes on during the year. I am sure that Parcells still isnt pleased with Keith Davis for his latest shooting incident, and in time I am sure Davis will do it again, he just hasnt learned.

that would give us a 4th, 5th, 6th to 7th, and a 3rd, real ammunition for draft next year. Along with our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Jets 6th, which should be high pick and our 7th. We could even then trade up and get a high impact player like a young QB or WR. And then in 2nd round get a quality offensive linemen, we still need a young OT and young OG. Remember Flozell is 32 next year I think, and Riveria will be 34 or 35. Granted we need a young WR impact guy, since Glenn and Owens will be pushing 33 and 34.
I still think best thing is to cut Owens next year, or trade him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Also forgot, I am sure we will resign one of our centers, I am thinking Gurode, looks like he is finally waking up and playing to his capablities, but Al Johnson is at the end of his contract too. I dont think we will offer him anything, let him try market, and i dont think he will get anything, he just isnt strong enough.

So, we will need a young backup center too.

conner01

Reaction score
i don't see us wanting anything more than a vet wr.
any other trades will be for picks
hard to trade a guy you just signed in the off season. why would a team trade for him when they could have just signed him there selves and saved the trade
k.coleman,singleton, fowler are the most likly
we won't be trading off our only backup center
we have a young qb, his name is romo
most guys will simply be cut, glymphs are a dime a dozen in the nfl, no one will give anything for a guy like that