Parcells, Placekicker dynamics

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lynch Mob, what a kicker thinks he'll see with Parcells and a miss.

Why would a Tier 1 PK choose that abuse if he can get same money or more elsewhere? Adam V can miss kicks in NE and fans will cheer. BB is even keel. What will Adam, VanderJ get from Parcells and the fickel fans after a miss or two?

Parcells is going to get:

1) Young kid drafted, street FA that has no choice
2) An older kicker on last legs desperate to be in NFL
3) AFL, NFL, CFL kicker looking for a shot

JJ and BP are going to have to pony up for Adam V or Vander - fast or start the process of 1,2,3 above.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I think I saw were Josh Brown (Seatle) could be available for 7th round pick, he maybe an alternative, Better then Cundiff, Cortez and would assume it wouldn't cost to many nickles to get him.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Nors said:

Why would a Tier 1 PK choose that abuse if he can get same money or more elsewhere? Adam V can miss kicks in NE and fans will cheer. BB is even keel. What will Adam, VanderJ get from Parcells and the fickel fans after a miss or two?

JJ and BP are going to have to pony up for Adam V or Vander - fast or start the process of 1,2,3 above.

I thought about that too Nors...

When Bill kept making all those faces and chasing down the kickers...I figured it might be hard to get someone who will want to come here...I suppose if the dollar price was high enough they would... but all things being equal I would think they would want to go elsewhere

burmafrd

Reaction score
unless they like big challenges. Vinni has proven himself beyond any other kicker in NFL history in championship games. He has the confidence and experience that no one else has. If we say here is $4 million a year he will come.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Of course BP might have to promise that if he does miss one that Vinni will not recieve a visit from LA.

sago1

Reaction score
It uncertain if LA will be around in 06 to threaten anyone. And Vinnie played for Parcells before so nothing should surprise him. I think we putting ourselves in a canoe w/o a paddle unless we sign Vinatieri to multi year contract calling for NLT $2.5M yearly & $5M signing bonus. Don't forget Packers have even more money then we do & their finance manager was Vinatieri's former agent.

Vanderjagt's an option but Parcells won't like his poor kicking otherwise & don't want to spend extra money/use another position to bring in another kicker to do that job--just add extra money to what we might pay Vinatieri.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
sago1 said:
It uncertain if LA will be around in 06 to threaten anyone. And Vinnie played for Parcells before so nothing should surprise him. I think we putting ourselves in a canoe w/o a paddle unless we sign Vinatieri to multi year contract calling for NLT $2.5M yearly & $5M signing bonus. Don't forget Packers have even more money then we do & their finance manager was Vinatieri's former agent.

Only way Adam V is a Cowboy is if we pay him more than Pats. If JJ sticks to his mid range kicker comments its over. Another option with Vanderjack is to bring in a punter that can kick off. Having seen VK in warmups over the years. He kicks a very high kickoff - so look at net returns and not gross yards. Also Adam V is a good kick off guy, not great there anyway.

Vanderjack is also one of the most accurate ever, Adam V almost as accurate with more clutch kicks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nors said:

I dont think BP would chew out either of those guys... kickers will miss sometimes.... and I only remember him chewing out our kickers 1 or 2 times last year....

not an issue... Adam and VanderDrunk are professionals... they can handle it... although I dont want Vander...

SouthernStar

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
When Bill kept making all those faces and chasing down the kickers...
The psyche of a kicker is very fragile. Bill shouldn't do that.
Some of Bill's methods have me wondering.......

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
SouthernStar said:

Welcome to the club friend...while I believe all the players need to be accountable for their jobs...It makes no sense to add more crap to the guy... unless Bill is correcting a problem he has spotted...He should just wait till Monday or Tuesday to chew the guy out or cut him or whatever he needs to do...doing it so that miliions of people and your teammates and your opponents players can see it is very low class and than after the belittlement ask the guy to go out there in front of everybody and kick again...:eek:

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Parcells does not have a lynch-mob mentality with kickers. He could've booted Hoffman and Hoffman's project at the same time. Instead, he gave Cundiff every chance to succeed. In hindsight, he might've put the team at increased risk by not bringing in more viable competition in the past. He showed the appropriate amount of impatience with Cortez.

No confident kicker is going to shy away from playing for a tough coach- especially one who gave him his start, like Vinatieri. It's all about the money now. As much as it pains me to say it, there isn't a FA remaining that would improve our team as much as that kicker.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
SouthernStar said:
It has always amazed me that ANY player would want to play for Parcells. From all I have seen of the guy he is a total ***.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Collective Soul,

Kicking is not for the fragile.
Kicking for Parcells? not for the weak of Heart either.
There needs to be a Rush to get this done, we sign Adam V today thats a major Triumph for us. Especially after last yesterday - an Extreme skin fantasy gone bad for us in Free Agency. And Danny Boy is bad company - I wish him a Kiss with a troll, smile when you say Damn Yankee - Heartbreaker but Danny ran out of Cap room -

I'm hoping JJ/BP don't allow Adam out of Dallas without a deal. I'd buy him a Zeppelin, Plane, Starship, UFO or whatever he wants. If he Journey's back to Boston, the Eagles could get into the game. Lets just lock up Adam V asap.

Fuel up the jet JJ and set the Vertical Horizon on Key West, Florida. Get a margarita ready - Buffets plane #N908JB!

Lets land the big fish Kicker - Adam V is the Great White out there.

YES!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
Collective Soul,

Kicking is not for the fragile.
Kicking for Parcells? not for the weak of Heart either.
There needs to be a Rush to get this done, we sign Adam V today thats a major Triumph for us. Especially after last yesterday - an Extreme skin fantasy gone bad for us in Free Agency. And Danny Boy is bad company - I wish him a Kiss with a troll, smile when you say Damn Yankee - Heartbreaker but Danny ran out of Cap room -

I'm hoping JJ/BP don't allow Adam out of Dallas without a deal. I'd buy him a Zeppelin, Plane, Starship, UFO or whatever he wants. If he Journey's back to Boston, the Eagles could get into the game. Lets just lock up Adam V asap.

Fuel up the jet JJ and set the Vertical Horizon on Key West, Florida. Get a margarita ready - Buffets plane #N908JB!

Lets land the big fish Kicker - Adam V is the Great White out there.

YES!
That was very poetic Nors..

At some point, we're going to have to let loose and over-spend here. We were handicapped by Kicker & Right Tackle last year big-time. We are going to have to step up to the plate, and watch fans around here get upset that we spent too much money.

We have to spend the money on Vin-man, there is no other way. If we are waiting to see what happens with the T.O. cut situation, then it's a mistake.
GET OUT YOUR CHECK BOOK JERRY, AND SIGN VINNY TODAY (not Vinny Testaverde)

Cowchips

Reaction score
Vinatieri is more like a football player than a kicker. He has class, isnt a psychotic moron and also happens to be the best kicker in the league.

I doubt he would miss too often, so I doubt BP would be on him very much. If he did chew him out, AV would shrug it off and perform. Like he has for 12 years.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Nors said:
Collective Soul,

There needs to be a Rush to get this done, we sign Adam V today thats a major Triumph for us. Especially after last yesterday - an Extreme skin fantasy gone bad for us in Free Agency.
YES!

Last yesterday was fine- it was yester-yesterday that disappointed me. Hopefully we will do better in yonderdays...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
Last yesterday was fine- it was yester-yesterday that disappointed me. Hopefully we will do better in yonderdays...

and tomorrow too!

today is already half gone:eek::