Parcells to be on WFAN in NY at 5:00pm

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Ya, good listen. I'm a Mets fans so i have a LOVE/HATE thing for Mike and MD.

OldButDeadly

Bill's Waterboy
Reaction score
Just said that the Jets loss in AFC champs and Dallas loss in Seattle sicken him the most for big losses.

Said Ellis was a HUGE loss with the pass rush.

A lot of chatting about who is better...Him or Bellichick...mentioned Sean Payton...

Thinks Chicago has a good chance to win Super Bowl

Enjoyed working for JJ...Called him a risk/reward guy...Said it was FUN! Said he will be helping JJ.

He said he isn't privy to everything (Yeah right)...but JG has a good chance....chance at what I am not sure....I am betting he is HC...

Says he is not going to sit around....so he is going to do something....packing his stuff and going to Saratoga....says he will look around after some leisure...going to Florida for Spring trg...I think he will be GM somewhere...

That was a great interview....He sounded relieved to me....

Kev

slick325

Reaction score
I am very glad that Coach Parcells upgraded our roster. I will miss the Coach. He knows football.

That said, I do believe a change was necessary. I just rewatched the show on NFL Network on the '86 Giants and we did not get that Bill Parcells. He had energy, passion and was very fiery! The team played just like him.

Phil Simms made a statement: "What coach do you know that would tell you to throw the ball all over the field and not care if you make a mistake? Bill told me he wanted me to throw the ball and keep throwing it. Forget about turnovers. Coaches today will tell ya, 'don't turn the ball over', 'don't make a mistake'". That statement sums up the two different Parcells right there. The young guy wanted his players to just play ball, to heck with everything else. While the Parcells we got was much more conservative and scared to make mistakes and forced his players to play just like it.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I know one thing, i'm gonna miss that son-of-a-guns interviews/PCs. He may be an awesome person to work for but he's a Great listen.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
He sounds like he doesn’t have a care in the world anymore. Weird to hear him again. Sad to hear his proudest moments have nothing to do with the Cowboys.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
He sounds good. Busting chops and having fun.
He talks different with the press when they aren't Dallas press.:)

slick325

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1338424 said:
I know one thing, i'm gonna miss that son-of-a-guns interviews/PCs. He may be an awesome person to work for but he's a Great listen.

Very true. Great to listen to.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I recorded it in mp3 format. It is uploading now, It is a 30 minute interview.

Very good interview. It bums me out because that is probably the last we will here of bill for a while.

i hope he takes a tv gig, he said he isnt going to sit still.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;1338430 said:
I recorded it in mp3 format. It is uploading now, It is a 30 minute interview.

Very good interview. It bums me out because that is probably the last we will here of bill for a while.

i hope he takes a tv gig, he said he isnt going to sit still.
Bless you. I can't wait to get home so I can listen.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1338452 said:
will do...did you not want me to make a thread or just add it....

Doesnt matter to me!!
Just add. I'll prolly copy the link and add it to the original post as well...and rename the thread to include the added link.

Thanks bunches. :)

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
was on the fan here in ny heres the link for anyone who wants to hear it, its under audio and mike and the mad dog, should be up pretty soon.

www.wfan.com