Video: Parents of Cowboys QB Cooper Rush talk about their son's win in his first NFL

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought it was great his parents and I believe his wife were at the Minnesota game. He’s not a rookie he’s been around the block even went to the Giants for awhile JG probably talked them into it. Then came back. He played much better then I thought he would. He put that TD to Cooper in a place only the receiver could get to , the TD to Wilson very nice pass hit him in stride. Looks like Dallas has a capable back up.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Parents of Cowboys QB Cooper Rush talk about their son's win in his first NFL start

I can't even imagine. My daughter at 13 came home a week ago, and said that she signed up for wrestling. I was flabbergasted, and elated beyond belief. She's a nerdy introvert, but quite spritely, and athletic (though she is not in to sports at all).

I had played football, basketball, played drums in band (as well as being a full on musician most of my life now), and had taken mixed martial arts for over a decade in my youth. It was exciting. Unfortunately she missed her day to take her physical, and won't be able to go at it this year. Just the thought of seeing my little one be competitive made me jovial in a way I can't explain. The thought of seeing that at such a high level is absolutely bonkers, and I'm so happy for him, and his family. I hope the best for him.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I can't even imagine. My daughter at 13 came home a week ago, and said that she signed up for wrestling. I was flabbergasted, and elated beyond belief. She's a nerdy introvert, but quite spritely, and athletic (though she is not in to sports at all).

I had played football, basketball, played drums in band (as well as being a full on musician most of my life now), and had taken mixed martial arts for over a decade in my youth. It was exciting. Unfortunately she missed her day to take her physical, and won't be able to go at it this year. Just the thought of seeing my little one be competitive made me jovial in a way I can't explain. The thought of seeing that at such a high level is absolutely bonkers, and I'm so happy for him, and his family. I hope the best for him.

Good for your daughter . Competitive sports are wonderful for kids . The concept of “ team “ be it in sports the military or business brings people together when others try and fracture that bond. The Cooper Rush story had a good vibe in Minneapolis.

JBond

Reaction score

It is a fun ride! Never thought my kid would walk away from college after 3 years to jump out of airplanes and to make it through selection and become one the the elite. And made through a second selection. Those with military background understand what I am saying. Kids are amazing! I love success stories.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ahhh Cooper Rush....

The latest version of Garrett "Dallas is set at backup QB" Gilbert.

All I know is we need to see all #4 from here forward.

fivetwos

Reaction score
At the very least people can feel a little better about the back up position based on an entire game and a winning TD drive to close out a road game.
Yeah the game winning pass was a perfect throw.

I just think Grier is the better overall player right now and should be considered for #2 but doesn't look to be the case.

Things are different than I've been used to in the sense that I trust the staff and the decisions they make. I didn't get that feeling when Garrett was here and would have rather had some people on this board making decisions instead.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parents of Cowboys QB Cooper Rush talk about their son's win in his first NFL start

I know this isn't about me, but I've seen both ends of the spectrum....the elation and devastation suffered by parents that support their kids.....I have to say, the elation is much better.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Good game for Rush, but Dallas would be stupid if they don't try there best to replace him. Just saying.