Parking Help?

Archie F. Swin

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to my first ever game at Texas Stadium this weekend. I 'll be drivin in from the DFW airport area (highway 114). I plan on getting to the stadium fairly early so I dont have to rush around to get places(my seat). I'm looking for any helpful advice on parking or the best exits to the stadium. I dont have a parking pass...so obviously I'm in for a walk, which I dont mind. I'm fairly familiar with the Metroplex, but this will be my first trip to Texas Stadium.

Thanx in advance!

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Archie F. Swin said:
Hey guys, I'm going to my first ever game at Texas Stadium this weekend. I 'll be drivin in from the DFW airport area (highway 114). I plan on getting to the stadium fairly early so I dont have to rush around to get places(my seat). I'm looking for any helpful advice on parking or the best exits to the stadium. I dont have a parking pass...so obviously I'm in for a walk, which I dont mind. I'm fairly familiar with the Metroplex, but this will be my first trip to Texas Stadium.

Thanx in advance!

If you want a parking pass, you can scalp one outside the stdm. I would suggest coming down 183 and right across the stdm, there is a Days Inn that has parking. It is $20 I think, but the walk isn't too long. There is cash parking on the other side of the stdm, FYI. Or you could stop at the Irving Hooters and take their shuttle bus to and from the stdm.

Archie F. Swin

Reaction score
Is the temperature "inside" the the stadium generally warmer, cooler or about the same as outside?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Archie F. Swin said:
Is the temperature "inside" the the stadium generally warmer, cooler or about the same as outside?
hole in the roof, remember? same as outside, with an attempt for temperature for climate control. Doesn't work, tho.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Texas Stadium is an oven. There's no airflow, and that hole in the roof doesn't help. When you factor all that with the obvious body heat being generated by about 60,000ish people, well it gets pretty damn hot. I wouldn't imagine it'd be that bad this time of year though. The stadium temp was 103-104 in week 2 against the 'Skins.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin said:
Texas Stadium is an oven. There's no airflow, and that hole in the roof doesn't help. When you factor all that with the obvious body heat being generated by about 60,000ish people, well it gets pretty damn hot. I wouldn't imagine it'd be that bad this time of year though. The stadium temp was 103-104 in week 2 against the 'Skins.
U were there, too? Man, it was crazy hot in there.

I was at the Det game and it was actually pretty cool in there. The roof leaves u open to the elements. If it's cold outside, it's just that much colder inside. If it's hot outside, it just makes it that much hotter. Add to the fact, if you're parking in the cash parking lot (like moi), u've got to walk at least a mile before you even get to the stadium. I hate that bridge over the freeway. The hole 'fraid of heights thing comes back to haunt me...

richzre

Reaction score
I was at the Washington in Week 2 also. Lord, it's was like a suana in there that night and absolutely no relief. Hard to forget that night with the two last minutes touchdowns by the skins. I'm still reeling from that.

Archie F. Swin

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
You have to buy a parking pass, last time I got one for 25
Is that somethin I can buy tomorrow, or would you recommend something else? I dont mind walking.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Archie F. Swin said:
Is that somethin I can buy tomorrow, or would you recommend something else? I dont mind walking.
another poster in this thread says:

If you want a parking pass, you can scalp one outside the stdm. I would suggest coming down 183 and right across the stdm, there is a Days Inn that has parking. It is $20 I think, but the walk isn't too long. There is cash parking on the other side of the stdm, FYI. Or you could stop at the Irving Hooters and take their shuttle bus to and from the stdm.

If u go cash parking, it'll be about 15 max. The walk is long, but I'm lazy... so if u don't mind it. Feel free to do it, but get there early so u don't get caught in the car while waiting to get TO the parking lot.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HTownCowboysFan said:

Ditto

Kilyin

Reaction score
That should be plenty of time. 2-3 hours before the game is when the traffic seemed to become a nightmare.

GoChiefs

Reaction score
I know with blue you can't pay to get in....what about red and green?

We don't have a parking pass so we have to pay cash to get in to whatever parking is available to us.