Parsons met Indian cricket team fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah

Rajveer

Reaction score
Never in a million years did I think that players from my two favorite teams would be exchanging jerseys. Parsons from the Cowboys met Indian cricket team fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah and they both tried their hands at sports that are completely different. The world cup cricket tournament is happening in the US at the moment and yes USA has a team. In fact they are surprising everyone by playing amazing cricket. The biggest upset of the cricket world happened in this tournament when team USA beat Pakistan in our backyard in Dallas. I am sure this does not hold much value to others on here but this is just amazing to me. By the way team USA plays India today in NY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I know nothing about cricket, but actually saw highlights of that match and very impressive since USA players are part timers with day jobs. Well done Team USA :clap:

csirl

Reaction score
Wasnt T20 cricket invented by a Texan? Anyone see that documentary called something like The Man Who Bought Cricket?

Rajveer

Reaction score
Wasnt T20 cricket invented by a Texan? Anyone see that documentary called something like The Man Who Bought Cricket?
The first ever cricket game was played between USA and Canada about 180 years back in NY. That was the birth of cricket. Unfortunately it did not pick up here but became the second most followed in the world after soccer.

Rajveer

Reaction score
USA has qualified for the super 8 and is now going to play with the top teams in the world. No one was expecting USA to make it to the second round.

csirl

Reaction score
The first ever cricket game was played between USA and Canada about 180 years back in NY. That was the birth of cricket. Unfortunately it did not pick up here but became the second most followed in the world after soccer.
Not sure this is accurate. There are accounts of cricket being played in Ireland in the 1600s. Its an adaptation of an older Irish game called Catty. Occupying Cronwellian troops from England started playing it and from there it spread through the English army and ultimately to other countries the English occupied.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
USA has qualified for the super 8 and is now going to play with the top teams in the world. No one was expecting USA to make it to the second round.
That just sounds crazy, maybe not as crazy as a Jamaican Bobsled team, but seemed about as likely as all of a sudden India would make it this far in tournament play in basketball. It's gotta give them a lot of confidence going forward and put more pressure on opposing teams. Kinda cool, a Cinderella story in the making.