Parsons thinks this could be our year

Big_D

Reaction score
They were saying this exact thing in 21. I think the team is finally good enough... specially on the defensive side but we'll see. At least it's Micah Parsons saying it. You know he's great and driven to win, so let's see what they do.......

Momanpr100

Reaction score
This is a confident bunch, I like it. Had to get that in before this thread gets derailed :dance:

Big_D

Reaction score
I hope so.

I felt that way in 2008, and things started off great. Alas.

In 2007 that team could've went places. But Jerry's decision making, coaching hires and drafts were laughable after Parcells left. This team is certainly setup better than that one was.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This defense is championship caliber. It sounds like a little bit of fan hyperbole, but look at it. We held Tom Brady to 13 points in the playoffs last year, and held Kyle Shanahan's offense to 19 points.... tell me you can't win the NFC or the Super Bowl with that kind of play.

Of course, it's really hard to put it all together in the cap era. The offense is looking a little threadbare, and Dak has a habit of playing up to the sum of the parts around him. They won't be bad, but I don't think they can win it all.

I think we're looking at another 10 win type season and a playoff exit. Appearing in the NFC championship is the Cowboys' real Super Bowl IMO. We can't outgun the Chiefs or Bengals to win a Super Bowl, and the Niners and Eagles are way too complete for us to make it there. But if we can get that 30 year monkey off our backs... I'll take it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The NFC is now diluted a bit but you have to go through the Eagles and/or 49ers for the big dance. I know some will disagree, but only injuries can stop us........the talent and coaching is there IMO.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This defense is championship caliber. It sounds like a little bit of fan hyperbole, but look at it. We held Tom Brady to 13 points in the playoffs last year, and held Kyle Shanahan's offense to 19 points.... tell me you can't win the NFC or the Super Bowl with that kind of play.

Of course, it's really hard to put it all together in the cap era. The offense is looking a little threadbare, and Dak has a habit of playing up to the sum of the parts around him. They won't be bad, but I don't think they can win it all.

I think we're looking at another 10 win type season and a playoff exit. Appearing in the NFC championship is the Cowboys' goal IMO... get that 30 year monkey off our backs.
What team in the NFC doesn't have more serious questions on their roster than Dallas? Philly maybe.

Dallas is as well built as any team in the NFC right now.

Carson

Reaction score

I think we're looking at another 10 win type season and a playoff exit. Appearing in the NFC championship is the Cowboys' goal IMO... get that 30 year monkey off our backs.
Outside of TE, I don’t see where this offense is not a Super Bowl caliber team. I also feel Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Hendershot are equal to Schultz.

Pollard is an elite back, two 1,000 yard receivers, great #3 Wr, Solid tackles (Tyron and Steele), outstanding guards (Tyler and Martin) and above average center.

Also look for a dark horse guy like Cropper or Durden to step in and get playing time.

We don’t need Dak to be Mahomes. We need him to be Joe Flacco. Consistent, limit turnovers, be ready for 3-4 big plays a game and let your defense do the rest.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
the Niners and Eagles are way too complete for us to make it there.
I disagree.......I'll give you the Eagles. They are rock solid at every position but 49ers, we are right there talent-wise, Shanahan is probably the wildcard. He is the BEST offensive coach in the game with the exception of Andy Reid.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We don’t need Dak to be Mahomes. We need him to be Joe Flacco. Consistent, limit turnovers, be ready for 3-4 big plays a game and let your defense do the rest
This^^^^ like Buddy Ryan once told Randall Cunningham as the Eagles QB. Let the defense and coaches do their job......we just need you to 2/3 critical plays a game.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We don’t need Dak to be Mahomes. We need him to be Joe Flacco. Consistent, limit turnovers, be ready for 3-4 big plays a game and let your defense do the rest.
You can't win like this in the NFL.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I think we're looking at another 10 win type season and a playoff exit. Appearing in the NFC championship is the Cowboys' real Super Bowl IMO. We can't outgun the Chiefs or Bengals to win a Super Bowl, and the Niners and Eagles are way too complete for us to make it there. But if we can get that 30 year monkey off our backs... I'll take it.
With above average QB play we beat the niners last season. And Dak historically against the eagles lights them up. Look at Christmas Eve as an example.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With above average QB play we beat the niners last season. And Dak historically against the eagles lights them up. Look at Christmas Eve as an example.
The Niners controlled the scheme of the Cowboys passing game. Moore set up the Cowboys loss with body turn play opening or box in plays. Short passing plays with high pressure.

Brax

Reaction score

Yep another big talker, he will be pouting if it doesn’t go their way, wish they’d all keep quiet and play like a team who wants to win something instead of patting stats’s and disappearing in critical games