Patrick Chung Blocking..

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Big deal..so if I want a guy blocking after a INT, I'll draft him..

If I want the guy to actually pick off the pass I'll draft Smith or Delmas.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2686670 said:
Big deal..so if I want a guy blocking after a INT, I'll draft him..

If I want the guy to actually pick off the pass I'll draft Smith or Delmas.

he only had 2 less picks than Delmas in 3 years

SLATEmosphere;2686690 said:
hahahahahah in all fairness I think that was his freshman/soph season..

but nothing has really changed. He thinks he's Bob Sanders or something flying in with no control. Not to mention him biting on pump fakes against USC and Stanford this year..YIKES! PASS!

:rolleyes:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

but nothing has really changed. He thinks he's Bob Sanders or something flying in with no control. Not to mention him biting on pump fakes against USC and Stanford this year..YIKES! PASS!

That description is more apt for Louis Delmas. He puts his head down, a lot, when he tackles. So does William Moore.

Pat Chung may not be as fluid in coverage, but he is a controlled form tackler. He is the guy that you can count on make the tackle as the last line of defense, he won't just pop you, although he can do that too.

RESIN8

Reaction score

In all fairness he had one of the worst dc's in the pac 10 as his coach. Nick Alloti aka Nick AllowAlotti. Oregon fans always complain about Nicks schemes. I think NIck's job is safe until Oregon makes the switch. Belloti is going to be the AD and Chip Kelly will be the HC. I think Oregon is going to do everything to keep Kelly there. Oregon has had one of the better offenses in the country, but the defense has always been a liablity.

That being said I think Patrick Chung has been one of the few bright spots on a mediocore defense.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
RESIN8;2687206 said:
In all fairness he had one of the worst dc's in the pac 10 as his coach. Nick Alloti aka Nick AllowAlotti. Oregon fans always complain about Nicks schemes. I think NIck's job is safe until Oregon makes the switch. Belloti is going to be the AD and Chip Kelly will be the HC. I think Oregon is going to do everything to keep Kelly there. Oregon has had one of the better offenses in the country, but the defense has always been a liablity.

That being said I think Patrick Chung has been one of the few bright spots on a mediocore defense.

Ehhhhhh I will never be sold on Chung....I don't like how he bites on passes and gets turned around. Just doesn't seem like a smart safety to me, just athletic. I'd take Rashad Johnson over him all day.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Here you go:

hater_tots.jpg

You'd think the guy didn't make a touchdown saving tackle or something on an NFL caliber running back.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2687271 said:
Slate has his man

he will not be swayed

I kind of admire him for that

Doesn't need to tear down another player to do it though. I like Delmas too, but all the vitriol aimed at Chung is disturbing.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2687321 said:
Doesn't need to tear down another player to do it though. I like Delmas too, but all the vitriol aimed at Chung is disturbing.

?? Really? I'm just giving my honest opinion of him..I'm sure he's a great guy, but not a great football player. Delmas has his flaws also, just not as much at Chungy.

Don't even talk Bob!! you hate on Ron Brace like there's no tommorrow

RESIN8

Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Delmas to form any opinion on him. Saw maybe one or two game on ESPN with that team last year. I must have missed the Texas Bowl or something.

Don't really remember the Stanford game you keep refering to with Chung either. Stanford relied on it's run game most of they year and didn't pass all that much.

The USC game is nothing to be ashamed of. Only team to really smother SC's passing attack was Zona.