Patrick Crayton Needs To Have Revenge On His Mind Against the Giants..

Reaction score
I really hope that Patrick Crayton hasn't forgotten what happen to him last year against the Giants in the playoffs.

As we all know, Patrick Crayton ran is mouth during the week leading upto the Giants game and then during the game Patrick Crayton dropped what probably been a score and probably a win for the Cowboys!

My focus isn't to blast Crayton for what happened last year because that is now history. My main focus and hopefully Crayton's as well is to get some kind of revenge, so to speak, to make up for his drop in the playoff game.

I would hope PC is ready! Ready to get some redemption back and to have a big game.

If the Cowboys are going to have success and have a chance to win, it just may come on the back of Crayton since it doesn't look like Witten will be ready for the Giants game.

Crayton lining up in the slot may provide miss-matches underneath the coverage against the Giants Linebackers as I am sure the Giants will follow the blueprint that is out there to double-cover Owens.

Looks like Williams and PC may have to shoulder a little bit more of the load since Witten may not play and Owens will probably be their focus to close down early.

IMO, I think Crayton will have a big game as long as the QB can do what he needs to do.(Don't want to start a new thread about the QB situation!)

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2379622 said:
I really hope that Patrick Crayton hasn't forgotten what happen to him last year against the Giants in the playoffs.

As we all know, Patrick Crayton ran is mouth during the week leading upto the Giants game and then during the game Patrick Crayton dropped what probably been a score and probably a win for the Cowboys!

My focus isn't to blast Crayton for what happened last year because that is now history. My main focus and hopefully Crayton's as well is to get some kind of revenge, so to speak, to make up for his drop in the playoff game.

I would hope PC is ready! Ready to get some redemption back and to have a big game.

If the Cowboys are going to have success and have a chance to win, it just may come on the back of Crayton since it doesn't look like Witten will be ready for the Giants game.

Crayton lining up in the slot may provide miss-matches underneath the coverage against the Giants Linebackers as I am sure the Giants will follow the blueprint that is out there to double-cover Owens

Looks like Williams and PC may have to shoulder a little bit more of the load since Witten may not play and Owens will probably be their focus to close down early.

IMO, I think Crayton will have a big game as long as the QB can do what he needs to do.(Don't want to start a new thread about the QB situation!)

Good in theory, only problem is that teams do not have to respect us going deep, so they are playing us underneath, with 8 in the box. I'm sure they will double Owens, but with Johnson at QB there is no reason to play your safeties deep, therefore the underneath routes will be covered up and the box will be stacked on every play.

If Johnson starts against the Giants, this game could get disasterous with their pass rush.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2379627 said:
Good in theory, only problem is that teams do not have to respect us going deep, so they are playing us underneath, with 8 in the box. I'm sure they will double Owens, but with Johnson at QB there is no reason to play your safeties deep, therefore the underneath routes will be covered up and the box will be stacked on every play.

If Johnson starts against the Giants, this game could get disasterous with their pass rush.

Ya! I hear what you are saying. I really don't understand why Garrett isn't moving Owens around more so teams can't double hima dn will create more stuff underneath even with Johnson under center.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2379631 said:
Ya! I hear what you are saying. I really don't understand why Garrett isn't moving Owens around more so teams can't double hima dn will create more stuff underneath even with Johnson under center.

I dont know what is wrong with Garrett and his play calling.

In my opinion, we need to bring every trick out of the bag during this game. We need to use their aggressiveness against them. Because we all know they are going to be VERY aggressive against us.

We'll see how much of a genius Garrett really is.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2379637 said:

In my opinion, we need to bring every trick out of the bag during this game. We need to use their aggressiveness against them. Because we all know they are going to be VERY aggressive against us.

Totally agree! What the heck is wrong with Red? T.O. had an awesome year last year and the beginning of this year because Garrett moved him around so he got the miss-matches. Now Garrett is inviting double-teams by not moving Owens around. Just don't get what Red is thinking. :banghead:

TEUFELI

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2379637 said:

Agree 100%, and the key word you used was "trick." I mean there are some days, you should be able to line up and beat NY. Sunday wont be one, not with Brad Checkdown behind center. I mean...we should use every trick play we have, b/c he HAVE to get at least 2 touchdowns from our offense, prob one from our defense to legitimately have a shot. Wildcat with Crayton (course everyone knows he was a college QB), hook and lateral plays, reverse passes,...I mean we should leave it all out there, and realize if we just approach the play calling like we did this past Sun (which was fine against the offensively challenged Bucs), we will be leaving New York with a Loss.

Here's to hoping we do in fact pull out all the stops...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Barring an "out of body-man on a mission" like game from Crayton.... dont expect him to be a major factor in the game.

It AINT in him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
He can have revenge on his mind all he wants doesn't mean brad will be able to get him the ball.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Garrett is not going to call the same game with Johnson or Bollinger as he would with Romo in the lineup. In 3rd and long I think Dallas will settle for draws and screens instead of throwing into the teeth of the giants secondary. I agree that some type of trick play along the way would be a good ideal but you are not going to live off trick plays through out a game. As long as Romo is out I think Dallas will stay conservative in their play calling and put the game in the hands of the defense.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2380030 said:
Garrett is not going to call the same game with Johnson or Bollinger as he would with Romo in the lineup. In 3rd and long I think Dallas will settle for draws and screens instead of throwing into the teeth of the giants secondary. I agree that some type of trick play along the way would be a good ideal but you are not going to live off trick plays through out a game. As long as Romo is out I think Dallas will stay conservative in their play calling and put the game in the hands of the defense.

Sure looks the same to me

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2380032 said:
Sure looks the same to me

Doesn't look the same to me, with Romo 3rd and long you can count on plays that are designed to pick up the long yardage vs TB we ran screens on 2 occations to avoid throwing into a nickle defense.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
What does it matter if he gets open Brad can not hit him and is going to check it down for a 2 yard gain

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Redemption is a better word for Crayton than revenge. He can't blame anyone but himself for those mental errors that contributed to our early exit from the playoffs. Here's hoping he does redeem himself. I mean, Brad can't be that bad three weeks in a row, can he? Let's hope for the offense we saw in the opening drive against St. Louis. Safe pass completions and a good running game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2380035 said:
Doesn't look the same to me, with Romo 3rd and long you can count on plays that are designed to pick up the long yardage vs TB we ran screens on 2 occations to avoid throwing into a nickle defense.

they were running plays designed to pick it up he also ways checking down.....

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I really hope they come out with a vengance this week. They need to prove a point, and lay a whoopin!!

If our D plays like they played this past sunday, we have a fighting chance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The unit that needs to be thinking redemption is the defense. Every week, for the rest of this year, needs to be about redemption for them as they start putting a hurting on teams just like they did on Tampa Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2380074 said:
they were running plays designed to pick it up he also ways checking down.....

You only have 1 option on a screen otherwise you end up being illegal men down field so no that was not the case of him just checking down those were plays designed to pick up yardage and not risk a big mistake over the middle. Sorry if you can't see that Dallas is playing it closer to the vest and calling different plays based on Johnson vs Romo.

khiladi

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2379627 said:

Gotta run quick slants... Brad should be able to hit one or two long passes...