Patrick Willis Diary - March 24th

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
3/24/07

"Hey everyone! I am fresh off of my Pro Day at Ole Miss, where I think it went extremely well. I ran the 40 yard dash in 4.37 seconds after measuring in at 6-1, 235 pounds. I am confident that I showed that have top-flight speed to go with the production that I generate on the field. I believe I opened many eyes around the country and now I can focus on the next task at hand; which is preparing for the interviews with some teams individually.

Right now I am getting ready to go to Dallas to do an "Under Armour" commercial on Monday. I am very excited to be chosen as an athlete to represent such a large and successful company. I have never really done anything like this before, so I am not sure what to expect. It is exciting though, and I am sure I will love the finished product, so be looking for the spot with me in it!

After the Pro Day, I hung out around Oxford, Mississippi and then had a day to unwind a little before heading to Dallas. I have not put off my workouts though; I am continuing to work to improve my status with NFL teams every day. I got a good workout in Thursday of this week. Today, I needed a recovery day, and so have been playing some Madden with friends, and just relaxing on the couch. I am actually in the middle of a game (paused at halftime) right now. I got Tampa Bay as my squad, but we usually rotate teams. I am down 14-7 but it's anyone's game in the second half.

Right now, I know I have meetings set up with several teams, with Cincinnati, Washington and Philadelphia coming up soon. I have also been doing a lot of interviews on national radio shows and TV networks. It is tough to keep them all straight sometimes, but I do know I will be talking to the Buffalo Bills' radio network later on this week.

My schedule for the next couple of days is pretty calm aside from the whole "Under Armour" thing... I like to play it by ear. Mainly, I am concentrating on lifting weights and doing positional work and keeping my mind and body right. I am glad to have had the chance to come back to Oxford and work out at school. It might be one of the last times I work out around there.

Thanks for keeping up with me and reading the events in my life. I will let you all know how the commercial shoot goes.

Click, Clack!

Patrick

----------------------

While he is Dallas why not get an interview with him?

I hope the football gods let this kid go to Washington or Philly. Julius Jones won't be able to get out of the backfield with him on the other side of the line, lol.

This kid is going to be a good one and should be long gone before we pick at #22, but you never know. I would sure love to see him playing ILB as opposed to Bradie 'i don't where i am' James.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;1435227 said:
While he is Dallas why not get an interview with him?

This kid is going to be a good one and should be long gone before we pick at #22
Answered your own question.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Its amazing to me how the separation between LBs and skill position players seems to be diminishing so much...unless I am just now noticing the similarities

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i would definitely not be opposed to drafting this kid at 22.....he seems like a solid character guy, a diligent worker, someone who is driven to get better, and the guy can flat out get to the ball during games....

starfrombirth

Reaction score
dcfanatic;1435227 said:
3/24/07

"Hey everyone! I am fresh off of my Pro Day at Ole Miss, where I think it went extremely well. I ran the 40 yard dash in 4.37 seconds after measuring in at 6-1, 235 pounds. I am confident that I showed that have top-flight speed to go with the production that I generate on the field. I believe I opened many eyes around the country and now I can focus on the next task at hand; which is preparing for the interviews with some teams individually.

Are you seriously telling me that an insidle linebacker runs this fast?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well to be honest........none of these guys run as fast as these times....these are stop watch times, not computer recorded times. if they were computer recorded times, most of these guys would be luckly to see 4.6 speed

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BTW...if at 237, he is running 4.37, imagine how fast he would run if he dropped 10-15 lbs and was moved to safety.....

of course I dont think anyone should do that to him, but just something interesting to think about

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player Position Gil's comments
Patrick Willis LB Willis (6-1, 237 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 and 4.38. He also had a 4.37 short shuttle and 7.10 three-cone drill. He stood on his numbers from the Combine for the rest. He had a phenomenal workout and clearly made several seven-figure increments in his rookie contract.

-------------

I think since he ran on field turf, they add .1 to the time, so maybe the official times are around 4.47. I forget in which cases they do that. Still good times though.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1435260 said:
Player Position Gil's comments
Patrick Willis LB Willis (6-1, 237 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 and 4.38. He also had a 4.37 short shuttle and 7.10 three-cone drill. He stood on his numbers from the Combine for the rest. He had a phenomenal workout and clearly made several seven-figure increments in his rookie contract.

-------------

I think since he ran on field turf, they add .1 to the time, so maybe the official times are around 4.47. I forget in which cases they do that. Still good times though.

Its doesn't matter if its field turf or not. A 4.3 is a 4.3. Half stadiums are field turf anyway...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCordsville Cowboy;1435263 said:
Its doesn't matter if its field turf or not. A 4.3 is a 4.3. Half stadiums are field turf anyway...
I'm prolly getting it all confused. I know there's a situation in which they add a .1 sec and I was trying to go off memory. My bad. May have to check it out.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1435268 said:
I'm prolly getting it all confused. I know there's a situation in which they add a .1 sec and I was trying to go off memory. My bad. May have to check it out.

I think it might be the electronic clocking vice manual (scout by stopwatch).

I think anyways....

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1435235 said:
Answered your own question.

Ummm, you misquted me.

I said 'This kid is going to be a good one and should be long gone before we pick at #22, but you never know.'

Meaning if we like him that much then it's possible we trade up to get him.

Jerry has been known to gamble a lil on draft day.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I would love to get him at 22,he's an animal,great motor and athletic to boot.

JPM

Reaction score
diehard2231;1435437 said:
I would love to get him at 22,he's an animal,great motor and athletic to boot.

Don't forget nasty on the field. He's got a nasty disposition, exactly what you need in a MLB.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I'm just still stuck on the sheer speed! WOW! Maybe i'm just dumb but is there any other linebacker even close to that fast. I know that Urlacher and Brooks are supposed to be really fast but I don't think they are that fast. :bow:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
:eek: its my ray lewis v. 2 i've been looking for! now all i have to do is pray...