WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
October 10, 2007
Simms on matchup
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff
Phil Simms will provide analysis on CBS for Sunday's Patriots-Cowboys game. Here are some of his thoughts leading up to kickoff, provided by CBS' public relations staff:

"The fact that Dallas won the way they did (in Buffalo) will give them more emotion, and of course tremendous confidence going into a game with the Patriots. Usually when a team loses the week before I say, ‘Oh boy, that will really get them focused. That will really make it tougher for their upcoming opponent in the following week.’ However, I think it would have been the opposite in Dallas’ case if they had lost to the Buffalo Bills. Emotionally, it would have worked against them in their game against the New England Patriots because of the build up, the records and the fact of who the Patriots are. The fact that Dallas won is going to put them on a whole new emotional high. That would not have happened if the Dallas Cowboys lost. It would have hurt their confidence, and it would’ve taken their edge off of them…

"Never underestimate crowd and the emotions sometimes. You are only able to capture that a couple of times a year because even the crowd has up-and-down days. As an example, do you think Buffalo’s crowd is going to be as emotional and into a game maybe the rest of the year as they were against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night? No. It was the Dallas Cowboys. They were undefeated. It’s T.O. It’s Tony Romo. It’s the first time in 13 years they have had a Monday night game at their stadium. It was everything that a fan could want. The reason I’m saying this is because this will probably be the best crowd of the year for the Dallas Cowboys. When it comes to their fans, they are storing their energy up right now. All they’re talking about around Dallas is let’s get ready, it’s a big game. It will truly be a playoff atmosphere for the Dallas Cowboys. ...

"[The Patriots] will be even more determined, more focused and more ready for this game because they know the environment. They know the team they are going to play is a well-rounded team. And, they know it will take their best to win. All that is right up New England’s alley. Of course, New England is a team where winning is important to them, but they also love to battle. I have always said that in athletics always be afraid of the person who loves to battle. They have proven ever since Bill Belichick has been there that they can fight for a long time. A lot of teams have wanted a piece of New England over the years and they enjoy that fight, but somewhere in the second half they end up asking is this fight ever going to end?"

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:37:08 PM | Link | E-mail | Comment (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 10, 2007
Injury report
The Patriots released their Wednesday injury report:

Did not participate in practice
OL Wesley Britt (team decision)
S Mel Mitchell (groin)

Limited participation in practice
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
CB Randall Gay (thigh)
C Dan Koppen (ankle)
RB Laurence Maroney (groin)
G Stephen Neal (shoulder)
CB Asante Samuel (foot)
WR Donte' Stallworth (knee)
ILB Adalius Thomas (ankle)
WR Kelley Washington (hamstring)

The Cowboys' report
Out
WR Terry Glenn (knee)

Did not participate in practice
CB Anthony Henry (ankle)

Full participation in practice
CB Courtney Brown (biceps)
LB Kevin Burnett (thigh)
S Keith Davis (shoulder)
FB Oliver Hoyte (neck)

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:02:51 PM | Link | E-mail | Comment (3)

October 10, 2007
Practice report
FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots are holding their afternoon practice on the lower field behind Gillette Stadium. The team is in full pads.

S Mel Mitchell and OL Wesley Britt were the lone players not present for the media-access portion of the workout. The media was present for stretching and some warmup drills.

Mitchell, one of the team's core special teams players, was banged up in Sunday's win over the Browns. Britt, a swing tackle, was inactive for the contest.

Practice squad players Dan Connolly (offensive line) and C.J. Jones (receiver) wore black jerseys, signifying they were selected as the practice players of the week. The practice player of the week honor goes to the player who best helps the team prepare in the days leading up to a victory.

New additions to the practice squad -- OL Patt Ross and DB Tim Mixon -- will wear No. 60 and No. 25, respectively.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 01:20:36 PM | Link | E-mail | Comment (1)

LINK

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Simms on matchup

Phil Simms will provide analysis on CBS for Sunday's Patriots-Cowboys game. Here are some of his thoughts leading up to kickoff, provided by CBS' public relations staff:

"The fact that Dallas won the way they did (in Buffalo) will give them more emotion, and of course tremendous confidence going into a game with the Patriots. Usually when a team loses the week before I say, ‘Oh boy, that will really get them focused. That will really make it tougher for their upcoming opponent in the following week.’ However, I think it would have been the opposite in Dallas’ case if they had lost to the Buffalo Bills. Emotionally, it would have worked against them in their game against the New England Patriots because of the build up, the records and the fact of who the Patriots are. The fact that Dallas won is going to put them on a whole new emotional high. That would not have happened if the Dallas Cowboys lost. It would have hurt their confidence, and it would’ve taken their edge off of them…

"Never underestimate crowd and the emotions sometimes. You are only able to capture that a couple of times a year because even the crowd has up-and-down days. As an example, do you think Buffalo’s crowd is going to be as emotional and into a game maybe the rest of the year as they were against the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night? No. It was the Dallas Cowboys. They were undefeated. It’s T.O. It’s Tony Romo. It’s the first time in 13 years they have had a Monday night game at their stadium. It was everything that a fan could want. The reason I’m saying this is because this will probably be the best crowd of the year for the Dallas Cowboys. When it comes to their fans, they are storing their energy up right now. All they’re talking about around Dallas is let’s get ready, it’s a big game. It will truly be a playoff atmosphere for the Dallas Cowboys. ...

"[The Patriots] will be even more determined, more focused and more ready for this game because they know the environment. They know the team they are going to play is a well-rounded team. And, they know it will take their best to win. All that is right up New England’s alley. Of course, New England is a team where winning is important to them, but they also love to battle. I have always said that in athletics always be afraid of the person who loves to battle. They have proven ever since Bill Belichick has been there that they can fight for a long time. A lot of teams have wanted a piece of New England over the years and they enjoy that fight, but somewhere in the second half they end up asking is this fight ever going to end?"

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
To anyone going.....you better represent and scream your head off. i personally saw the difference the Buffalo crowd made. It was insane, now give our boys the same!!!!

Shock those cocky buggers from NE.

RomoMan

Benched
Reaction score
Either way-I don't think we'll win. NE is one of those rare teams that can go into any hostile environment and win with ease.

Cheaters, dirty players, whatever-they ARE a class organization, and I hate to admit it.

Angus

Reaction score
RomoMan;1699996 said:
Either way-I don't think we'll win. NE is one of those rare teams that can go into any hostile environment and win with ease.

Cheaters, dirty players, whatever-they ARE a class organization, and I hate to admit it.

Just the way it was last year with the Colts. Except Tony Dungy doesn't cheat.

:)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
RomoMan;1699996 said:

Murderer, felon, whatever- he is an innocent person.

If you are going to try and troll at least do a decent job of it. Youre run tonight has been pretty sad.

Really whats witht hese trolls lately. Sportsanalyzer's smack is lame and this guy is even worse.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
RomoMan;1699996 said:

The pessimist like you shouldn't be a fan of a football team.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1700129 said:
The pessimist like you shouldn't be a fan of a football team.

He's not a pessimist, he's a troll. He's been hanging around lately with the same lame tactics. He's no more a Dllas fan than Billi-cheat.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RomoMan;1699996 said:

:rolleyes:

Why do I have the feeling you will be gone after the Pats game .... probably on the Dolphins board.

juck

Reaction score
brady hurt his right shoulder,interesting,maybe spencer can complete it.lol.