Pay Attention Wade Phillips, see what a big huge NT like Jenkins does?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2417096 said:
wade phillips you say that you like smaller quicker NTs, but did you see the big sack that kris jenkins got on QB cassell of the patriots, and how jenkins stuffed most of the runs by patriots, thats what a big NT does, he stacks the line of scrimmage and makes it tough on QBs by getting a big push back on the pocket of the QB.

SO PAY ATTENTION WADE PHILLIPS!

EVEN THE Commanders AND GIANTS WITH BIG HUGE DTs run stuffed your offensive line, and held your running backs to hardly any big runs.

SO PAY ATTENTION WADE PHILLPS!:banghead:

I guess Jenkins didnt play past the first quarter, because the Pats ended up with over 500 yds of offense, 400 yds passing, over 120 ys rushing, 31 pts etc etc

:rolleyes:

burmafrd

Reaction score
A lot of that rush yardage came with Cassell scrambling- he got 60 yds. The pats RBs got very little.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2417305 said:
No, but his right hand man Igor Olshansky will be a FA this offseason.

Igor (great name for a defensive lineman btw) plays DE and only weighs about 310 lbs. Kris Jenkins weighs 350, Shaun Rodgers weighs about the same. If we're gonna do it, we need to find an athletic hog. The thing about players like that though is that they get tired at some point, so I doubt we could just move Ratliff to DE.

In a way, though, our line has been set up to where Canty and Spears do the freeing up for the DT, Ratliff, to penetrate and make plays. We've barely heard Spears name this season, much less Canty's.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't Jenkins sitting on the sidelines winded for much of the game? Isn't this the same problem that Rodgers has, always winded and sitting on the sidelines.

And how big is the NT in Pitt, the pro bowl one? How about his back up? That's what you should be measuring the NT against.....the ones in Pitt. I think we match up favorable with those two.

Temo

Reaction score
You sure picked the wrong week to compare NTs. Didn't look like Jenkins had much of a hand in limiting the 500 yards off offense, including 400 yards passing and 60-some yards running by Cassel.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;2417119 said:
Every time this myth is posted, Smoaky kills a kitten.

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Thanks...mountain dew on keyboard now.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
That just shows what some of you dont know,
Read this!
New York Giants DTs
Fred Robbins 6-4 317, he really is about 330
Marcus Bell 6-2 325
Rodney Leisle 6-3 325, he is the biggest DT giants have besides robbins

Commanders DTs
Kedric Golston 6-4 320
Anthony Montgomery 6-5 312, he is about 325 now, he is the one that gave our OGs the most trouble, he is big, huge and stout

jenkins is about 345 now, and yes the patriots did run and throw some, but jenkins also made key plays that stuffed the patriots, made the patriots settle for field goals, instead of touchdowns or made the patriots punt in the first half, those were key plays in that game, sure jenkins got tired, big huge NTs do, but they also make key playes

What I would like to see is one huge NT, about 330 or so, clog up the middle, stuff the center back in the QBs face. Then, you can play tank johnson the other time or ratliff.

so you lost your arugment, and i proved mine, you need to know your facts before you say i dont, because your going to lose, i know football, i keep up with it 24/7

now are some of my postings corretly typed or have good sentence structure, etc, NO, and i admit that, but i know football

just like one fan said, the oilers had curly culp, and he was huge in his hey day, because most offensive linemen were 260 to 280 back in the 70's

i remember him shoving our cowboys center on numerous occasions, just like the refrigerator for the bears, he dominated the center and guard

as far as the buffalo bills in the superbowls against the cowboys, our huge offensive linemen dominated them because the bills in those super bowl years for the cowboys in 92 and 93 the bills had quick smaller NTs like good ole wade likes, and our offensive linemen whipped them at the point of attack and dominated them.

You might as well give up, again i know my football, give me a NT if your going to play the 3-4 that is at least 325 to 330, kinda like the nose tackle for the steelers whom is 6-1 325, and thats my point, hampton is a big nose tackle, and he stuffs centers and guards because his body bulk is huge massed and he can control the line of scrimmage, smaller NTs sometimes like ratliff can get overpowered at the point of attack and worn down late in the game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Joe... Wade would like one of those guys, too. The point is that they're very hard to come by. That's why guys like Pat Williams have played forever. That's why the Jets had to trade quite a bit for even an aging NT like Jenkins. Same with the Browns trading picks and good players for a guy whose heart is always questioned in Rogers. That's why the Pats used a first round pick on Wilfork... Etc.

To paraphrase a guy who used to coach here... You can't just dial up 1-800-nosetackle.

Reaction score
We DO need a penetrating NT who is bigger than anyone we have! What we have now is two 3-4 DEs trying to play NT. That is why we are 18th in the NFL against the run. We need to be in the top ten if we are serious about winning in the playoffs. We need to do whatever we have to in order to secure a pile moving, double-team forcing NT. They don't have to be 360 lbs. There are plenty in the league around 315-320 who are doing a great job.

By the way, I wouldn't be questioning Shaun Rogers' heart this season. He loves playing with the Browns and it shows. He totally dominated the Jags offense with a sack, several QB hurries, quite a few run stuffs, and a blocked FG. He is playing every game as if it were his last, and should go to Hawaii this Feb.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2417540 said:
That just shows what some of you dont know,
Read this!
New York Giants DTs
Fred Robbins 6-4 317, he really is about 330
Marcus Bell 6-2 325
Rodney Leisle 6-3 325, he is the biggest DT giants have besides robbins

Commanders DTs
Kedric Golston 6-4 320
Anthony Montgomery 6-5 312, he is about 325 now, he is the one that gave our OGs the most trouble, he is big, huge and stout

jenkins is about 345 now, and yes the patriots did run and throw some, but jenkins also made key plays that stuffed the patriots, made the patriots settle for field goals, instead of touchdowns or made the patriots punt in the first half, those were key plays in that game, sure jenkins got tired, big huge NTs do, but they also make key playes

What I would like to see is one huge NT, about 330 or so, clog up the middle, stuff the center back in the QBs face. Then, you can play tank johnson the other time or ratliff.

so you lost your arugment, and i proved mine, you need to know your facts before you say i dont, because your going to lose, i know football, i keep up with it 24/7

now are some of my postings corretly typed or have good sentence structure, etc, NO, and i admit that, but i know football

just like one fan said, the oilers had curly culp, and he was huge in his hey day, because most offensive linemen were 260 to 280 back in the 70's

i remember him shoving our cowboys center on numerous occasions, just like the refrigerator for the bears, he dominated the center and guard

as far as the buffalo bills in the superbowls against the cowboys, our huge offensive linemen dominated them because the bills in those super bowl years for the cowboys in 92 and 93 the bills had quick smaller NTs like good ole wade likes, and our offensive linemen whipped them at the point of attack and dominated them.

You might as well give up, again i know my football, give me a NT if your going to play the 3-4 that is at least 325 to 330, kinda like the nose tackle for the steelers whom is 6-1 325, and thats my point, hampton is a big nose tackle, and he stuffs centers and guards because his body bulk is huge massed and he can control the line of scrimmage, smaller NTs sometimes like ratliff can get overpowered at the point of attack and worn down late in the game.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kilyin

Reaction score
YouWinThePrize.jpg

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BigDFan5
Everybody Lies
<http://cowboyszone.com/images/zonesupporter.gif>

[BigDFan5's Avatar]

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Who cares whther he said it or not. The fact is, we have to get a 350 LB NT to stop the run, and get some o the blockers off of Zach Thomas. It's not a myth. Teams with big Nt's like the Jets, Patriots, and Steelers play better 3-4 than us.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2417096 said:
wade phillips you say that you like smaller quicker NTs, but did you see the big sack that kris jenkins got on QB cassell of the patriots, and how jenkins stuffed most of the runs by patriots, thats what a big NT does, he stacks the line of scrimmage and makes it tough on QBs by getting a big push back on the pocket of the QB.

SO PAY ATTENTION WADE PHILLIPS!

EVEN THE Commanders AND GIANTS WITH BIG HUGE DTs run stuffed your offensive line, and held your running backs to hardly any big runs.

SO PAY ATTENTION WADE PHILLPS!:banghead:

Dude, Wade Phillips has forgotten more about football then you or I will EVER know. I am sure he appreciative of your insight though, I doubt he ever realized this!

zeromaster

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2417873 said:
BigDFan5
Everybody Lies
<http://cowboyszone.com/images/zonesupporter.gif>

[BigDFan5's Avatar]

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Somebody really got up on the wrong side of bed today...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
zeromaster;2418014 said:
Somebody really got up on the wrong side of bed today...

I'm not even sure what that was supposed to be :laugh2: