Payton Press Conference

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Thanks... So far he's said that he's going to call his own plays, and he's implementing the Parcells/Belichick/Saban "no talking to assistants" policy.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Well, It seems like New Orleans media will hate Payton's Media policy the same way Dallas media will :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Well, It seems like New Orleans media will hate Payton's Media policy the same way Dallas media will :D

The media may not like it but in many ways it is best to have 1 voice speaking for the team

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
The media may not like it but in many ways it is best to have 1 voice speaking for the team

Yeah, I never had problems with it, not that much anyway. Yeah, I would like to get more news from the coaches, but as long as the product on the field will be good, I could wait for the news.

It does make it annoying when all these media types speculate way too much, especially annoying when credible types like Chris Mortensen do that. You tend to think, there is truth to it, and most often it turns up false. Not always false but most of the time anyway.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Yeah, I never had problems with it, not that much anyway. Yeah, I would like to get more news from the coaches, but as long as the product on the field will be good, I could wait for the news.

It does make it annoying when all these media types speculate way too much, especially annoying when credible types like Chris Mortensen do that. You tend to think, there is truth to it, and most often it turns up false. Not always false but most of the time anyway.

I agree with you, as a fan I want as much info as I can get but sometimes what is better for me may not be better for the team. I also agree it is annoying hearing speculation from the media but as I mentioned to you before I have gotten to the point that if it is not a direct quote from Bill, Jerry or player I don't put much stock in the rumor mill and longer.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
gollum said:
Wish i could look that young when I'm 42!

180737Payton_Muniz.JPG