Pearl Harbor Day

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
It is as if more and more Americans are forgetting about this date in history. I got home from work expecting to see all kinds of different programs about Dec 7, 1941. I checked Discovery, History Channel, AE, etc...... I didn't see one single program about it. It was very disappointing. I wonder if it is a deliberate plight or Pearl Harbor Day makes for unentertaining television for the masses these days?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SoTex said:
It is as if more and more Americans are forgetting about this date in history. I got home from work expecting to see all kinds of different programs about Dec 7, 1941. I checked Discovery, History Channel, AE, etc...... I didn't see one single program about it. It was very disappointing. I wonder if it is a deliberate plight or Pearl Harbor Day makes for unentertaining television for the masses these days?

If Discovery or History does not do something tonight they may wait till this weekend.

They are normally pretty good about doing stuff like that.

I love veterans day weekends on some of those channels as they have history programs and a butt load of great old war movies.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If Discovery or History does not do something tonight they may wait till this weekend.

They are normally pretty good about doing stuff like that.

I love veterans day weekends on some of those channels as they have history programs and a butt load of great old war movies.

I hope you're right. I would be a shame not to broadcast a tribute of some kind. I agree with the veterans day programming comment. First class shows. I never miss them.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Nothing on the Discovery Channel until Dec. 15. The show is titled "Secrets of Pearl Harbor". It is not really a memorial or tribute show. I've seen it before in the middle of the summer. The Histroy Channel has nothing on their schedule for the next week regarding Pearl Harbor. It looks as if the networks are turning a blind eye to Dec 7 as well. I don't see any programs on their schedule. Very sad IMO.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...I have to say I am shocked.

Curious was discovery listed to have egyptian style shows on...I was thinking they were starting Mummy week or something on sunday.

Wanted to catch the Ramses show but missed it. :mad:

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Wow...I have to say I am shocked.

Curious was discovery listed to have egyptian style shows on...I was thinking they were starting Mummy week or something on sunday.

Wanted to catch the Ramses show but missed it. :mad:

It is Egypt week on Discovery. Pretty cool shows so far. They did an autopsy on some mummy last night. It was discovered that he was dead.
;)

I went to the Ramses exhibit in Dallas back in 1990. (I think that was the year) It was incredible.