Twitter: Pelissero's head coaching prospects under 45

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Interestingly, he doesn't think Kellen is ready.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nathaniel-...ung-nfl-coaches-to-watch?campaign=Twitter_atn

Nathaniel Hackett, Byron Leftwich, Patrick Graham among young NFL coaches to watch
Published: Nov 17, 2021 at 08:19 AM
eh3gvzjumg9l2bktivko.png

Tom Pelissero

Cowboys OC Kellen Moore, 33: A six-year NFL backup QB who dove right into coaching as Dallas' QB coach in 2018, Moore is highly regarded for his football IQ and creativity. He has already had one head-coaching interview, with the Eagles in January. Like many really young coaches, Moore has a lot to learn in terms of the whole picture of running a program. He would need a good plan for his staff and to surround himself with experienced people. But the tools are there.

JustChip

Reaction score
You never know about someone until they’re in the position. But he’s a coach’s son if I remember right which probably better equips him than most. He definitely handles a press conference like a seasoned coach.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Hackett will be hired by the Broncos and they will then send a boat load of pics to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers. Mark it down, you heard it here first. AR loves Hackett.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good KM not on his list, but that doesn't mean he will be on any owner's list.

I don't think he is ready yet either to be a HC. I been hard on him at times. But he has won me over this year. Sure, he can still have some calls we all don't agree with at times. But then again even the most experienced coaches do the same at times.
However, Moore seems to have less and less of those moments recently.

Zman5

Reaction score
He would be good for a team starting a rebuild where he would have time to learn to be a HC and no pressure to win right away. You don't want him on a team like the Cowboys where we have an established roster and is ready to win now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Somebody will get Kellen after this season unless Jerry somehow convinces him that McCarthy is just a placeholder and it will be Kellen's job within the next couple of years.

JustChip

Reaction score
Well so was JG, just saying....
That’s true. And frankly, I would venture that Moore would fail as a HC if he’s given that position here because of Jerry. Only experienced head coaches have succeeded here under Jerry.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Interestingly, he doesn't think Kellen is ready.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nathaniel-...ung-nfl-coaches-to-watch?campaign=Twitter_atn

Nathaniel Hackett, Byron Leftwich, Patrick Graham among young NFL coaches to watch
Published: Nov 17, 2021 at 08:19 AM
eh3gvzjumg9l2bktivko.png

Tom Pelissero

Cowboys OC Kellen Moore, 33: A six-year NFL backup QB who dove right into coaching as Dallas' QB coach in 2018, Moore is highly regarded for his football IQ and creativity. He has already had one head-coaching interview, with the Eagles in January. Like many really young coaches, Moore has a lot to learn in terms of the whole picture of running a program. He would need a good plan for his staff and to surround himself with experienced people. But the tools are there.

I don't think Moore is ready for head coaching position. although NFL always goes after guys that have been good defensively or offensively......a head coach is more like a CEO, needs strong supporting cast, sets the direction and culture and great psyhologist and game day manager......Moore is got the football IQ on the offensive side, but commanding a team, owner, locker room and other coaches is a different ball game. and from that list there are some who are just great at being coordintors..ala Wade Phillips. he was a good DC but sucked as a headcoach. some people are just good at X's and O's. some at leadership.....If Moore really wants to be a good HC, he will wait a few more years and learn a little more before stepping into the role.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sean McVay sent off a new trend in the NFL for teams to try and find the young and upcoming coach. Look at Cincinnati. They took a hail mary on a guy who didn't really have a long coaching history and was merely the quarterbacks coach the year before landing a head coaching job. Has it worked out? Time will tell.

I think Moore could absolutely be on the radar of a few teams.