People seem to be really overlooking the 'Boys

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Yes, it is just preseason. However...

If you can gleam anything from watching these 3 games, its that this is a brutally efficient team, on both offense and defense. The pound the ball over and over and they run down the clock, and the offense might not score every trip down, but they do seem to score the majority of the time, and with people like Terry Glenn it just takes one big play to put 7 on the board.

And the defense...it was very impressive last year, too, obviously there were those letdowns but it was still a good D. This year they have really filled out their 3-4 scheme and it shows. They just have so many solid players on there, and what is best about that is they are all young. The only weakspot I can even point to on the defense is free safety, and honestly Keith Davis isn't bad and Patrick Watkins has some great potential. But back to business, like I was saying, that defense is just brutally efficient. They don't give up points and they just plain shut down other offenses.

Add that defense to an above-average, maybe really good offense, and you've got one heck of a team. What I find most intriguing is that fact that the offense is looking so solid even with TO out. One of Glenn's big catches today was when he was in double-coverage. You put TO out on the other side and teams cannot afford to double-cover both of them. Even if they do manage to cover them, you've got some really solid 3rd wide receivers in Crayton (he still hasn't hit his full potential due to injuries) and Hurd (I think he will be something special). Then you have one of the best tight ends in the game along with a solid rookie. If that passing game gets going it only opens up that running game even more as we saw tonight, and both MB3 and Julius are solid runners.

That's the great thing about this team. I feel like with the exception of maybe TO, there aren't a whole lot of guys that just stand out. There isn't a whole lot of flash, but what you have is a bunch of gutty players who will perform every Sunday.

It seems the Cowboys are really going to sneak up on people this year, and I really expect them to go deep into the playoffs. This is the first Cowboys team in a long time that I've been so excited about. Heck, this is the only Cowboys team with some real talent since the late 90s.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Good, let no one give Dallas respect. That's the way I like it. Let everybody throw bouquets at the Commanders and Giants. I'll take a nice quiet 11-5 NFC East Title, although it's a brutal division so 10-6 may get it done because everyone will beat up on each other.