Pepper X dethrones Carolina Reaper as world’s hottest chilli pepper

Hardline

Reaction score
‘Pepper X’ is now officially the world’s hottest chilli pepper, rating at an average of 2,693,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU).

It is grown by Ed Currie, founder of Puckerbutt Pepper Company (USA), who also created the previous record holder, the Carolina Reaper, which averages 1.64 million SHU.

Ed unveiled Pepper X on an episode of hit YouTube series Hot Ones.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...reaper-as-worlds-hottest-chilli-pepper-759706

SHU_Scale_5x7_V2_DiffPeppers_eBay_2000pxls-scaled.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
I don't get the need for a hotter chemical burn. At that point it becomes stupid and pretty much guarantees you'll nuke the taste of anything you're making it with.

Cayenne is the hottest I'll go for that reason.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't get the need for a hotter chemical burn. At that point it becomes stupid and pretty much guarantees you'll nuke the taste of anything you're making it with.

Cayenne is the hottest I'll go for that reason.
I like habañeros in my chili. They have a good flavor mixed with jalapeños, as long as you don't go overboard with them.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
‘Pepper X’ is now officially the world’s hottest chilli pepper, rating at an average of 2,693,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU).

It is grown by Ed Currie, founder of Puckerbutt Pepper Company (USA), who also created the previous record holder, the Carolina Reaper, which averages 1.64 million SHU.

Ed unveiled Pepper X on an episode of hit YouTube series Hot Ones.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...reaper-as-worlds-hottest-chilli-pepper-759706

SHU_Scale_5x7_V2_DiffPeppers_eBay_2000pxls-scaled.jpg
That chart makes a Jalapeño look like celery. LOL

I love how as you go up the list they don’t even try to give them food names anymore. Scorpion, Reaper, Devil’s Tongue, etc