Per Mick: Carpenter May Sit Again

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Numbers game, having to carry two kickers is having a huge effect. Parcells supposedly said the scratch could come from the offensive backfield or linebacker. Mick thinks Hoyte and Carp sit.:banghead:

roughneck266

Reaction score
o noes... we must unload him now. maybe we can get a 6th and a pair of blue shoe laces?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
roughneck266 said:
o noes... we must unload him now. maybe we can get a 6th and a pair of blue shoe laces?

Think we can trade him for Coakley straight up?:laugh1:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Ya know, this whole thing with Parcells and having to carry two kickers is starting to look pretty foolish.

He didn't know this before signing Vanderjagt???

I'm sorta not understanding this whole thing...unless, we lay the blame at Jerry's feet because he signed a guy without Parcells being ok with it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Ya know, this whole thing with Parcells and having to carry two kickers is starting to look pretty foolish.

I'm sorta not understanding this whole thing...unless, we lay the blame at Jerry's feet because he signed a guy without Parcells being ok with it.

Didn't they report that Parcells lobbies for Vandy?

And yeah, it hurts. You think they would at least try to teach MacBriar to kickoff - dude does have a monster leg.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Didn't they report that Parcells lobbies for Vandy?

And yeah, it hurts. You think they would at least try to teach MacBriar to kickoff - dude does have a monster leg.

I just don't "get" the whole thing.

Ready, Fire, Aim!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

supposedly it was Parcells who had to convince Jones to spend the $$$

they should have paid slightly more $$$ and got one of the younger, stronger legged guys who were available

David

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

I agree. Parcells let his stubborness get in the way. He has an old school mentality on kickers. He should have seen this coming. Longwell and Vinateiri were the guys to go after. Don't cry and complain about how many guys you have to sit when you knew the situation in indy.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I think the reason we had to settle for Vandy is cuz the cowboys were waiting to see if the Fins were gonna release Mare. When Vandy was the only "Good" kicker remaining they had to take him or get no one.

Mare would of been the best combination of kickoff strenght, FG ability, and youth.

And he would of likely been cheaper then Vandy.