perfect example why i hate iggles fans

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
check out this obituary that appeared in a local paper yesterday.

Donald Major

January 24, 2005
Mr. Donald L. Major, 67, a lifelong resident of Duryea Borough passed away January 24, 2005, at his home. Born on February 27, 1937, he was the son of the late Harold and Celia (Kolakoski) Major. He was a graduate of Duryea High School, Class of 1954, and Scranton Business College, 1956. He was employed in the banking industry since 1958, working for the former Third National Bank of Scranton from 1958 to 1995 as the collection manager, and the First National Community Bank of Dunmore from 1996 to the present. He was retired from the U.S. Navy/Reserve with 26 years of service and was a justice of the peace in Duryea borough from 1968 to 1973 and the Duryea borough secretary from 1972 to 1980.
He was a member of Holy Rosary Church, Duryea; The Fleet Reserve Association, Duryea American Legion Post 585; the Masonic Lodge No. 499; the Valley Lodge of Scranton Consistory; the Irem Temple Antique and Classic Car Unit; the Landlocked Petty Officer Association; and an Advisory Board Member of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Lackawanna County.
He was an avid, hard-core Philadelphia Eagle football fan and season ticket holder who truly hated the Dallas Cowboys and their dysfunctional fans.
Surviving are his godchild, Nick Altieri of Hughestown, of whom he was extremely proud and loved dearly; and many good friends and cousins.
The funeral will be held Tuesday at 9 a.m. from the Bernard J. Piontek Funeral Home, Inc., 204 Main Street, Duryea, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 9:30 in Holy Rosary Church, Duryea. Interment will be in the Parish Cemetery, Duryea. Friends may call Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. The American Legion Post 585, Duryea, will conduct military services on Monday evening at 7. The Masonic Lodge No. 499 of West Pittston will conduct services Monday evening at 7:30. In lieu of flowers, Memorial Contributions may be made to the Irem Temple Shepherd's Trans. Unit, P.O. Box 307, Dallas, Pa., 18612, or to Holy Rosary Church, 127 Stephenson Street, Duryea, Pa., 19642.

notice the ultimate of ironies...he lives in DALLAS, pa.

anyways...i thought you would all like to know that you are dysfunctional!

if the guy wasn't dead, i'd send his family a piece of my mind.

i'm not at all unhappy that this guy is not gonna see his team on super sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:

Donald Major

January 24, 2005
Mr. Donald L. Major, 67, a lifelong resident of Duryea Borough passed away January 24, 2005, at his home. Born on February 27, 1937, he was the son of the late Harold and Celia (Kolakoski) Major. He was a graduate of Duryea High School, Class of 1954, and Scranton Business College, 1956. He was employed in the banking industry since 1958, working for the former Third National Bank of Scranton from 1958 to 1995 as the collection manager, and the First National Community Bank of Dunmore from 1996 to the present. He was retired from the U.S. Navy/Reserve with 26 years of service and was a justice of the peace in Duryea borough from 1968 to 1973 and the Duryea borough secretary from 1972 to 1980.
He was a member of Holy Rosary Church, Duryea; The Fleet Reserve Association, Duryea American Legion Post 585; the Masonic Lodge No. 499; the Valley Lodge of Scranton Consistory; the Irem Temple Antique and Classic Car Unit; the Landlocked Petty Officer Association; and an Advisory Board Member of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Lackawanna County.
He was an avid, hard-core Philadelphia Eagle football fan and season ticket holder who truly hated the Dallas Cowboys and their dysfunctional fans.
Surviving are his godchild, Nick Altieri of Hughestown, of whom he was extremely proud and loved dearly; and many good friends and cousins.
The funeral will be held Tuesday at 9 a.m. from the Bernard J. Piontek Funeral Home, Inc., 204 Main Street, Duryea, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 9:30 in Holy Rosary Church, Duryea. Interment will be in the Parish Cemetery, Duryea. Friends may call Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. The American Legion Post 585, Duryea, will conduct military services on Monday evening at 7. The Masonic Lodge No. 499 of West Pittston will conduct services Monday evening at 7:30. In lieu of flowers, Memorial Contributions may be made to the Irem Temple Shepherd's Trans. Unit, P.O. Box 307, Dallas, Pa., 18612, or to Holy Rosary Church, 127 Stephenson Street, Duryea, Pa., 19642.

If we are dysfunctional fans then that must mean they are schizophrenic fans

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:

Donald Major

January 24, 2005

Some Eagles fans are losers...even after they have "moved on." I'm sure he requested that line be posted in his obituary. :iggles: Fans

TLW47

Reaction score
Geez. I can't believe how silly some people are. To print that in your obit is just stupid.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I live in the Philly suburbs and I'm currently living in a self-imposed news blackout. No TV, no radio, just the Internet for my news. It's really ridiculous here, I've never seen anything like it. Eagles fight songs break out on the street out of no where, at supermarkets, department stores, night clubs, etc. Everyone has their Eagles flag flying on their cards, they're in the windows of people's houses, and schools are building banners as their class projects.

From what I have heard, the Eagles superbowl story is still the lead story on every news broadcast this week.

:iggles:

Novacek84

Reaction score
Don't worry, New England 38, Philadelphia 17 is coming soon to a Super Bowl near you and all will be right in the world.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I live in the Philly suburbs and I'm currently living in a self-imposed news blackout. No TV, no radio, just the Internet for my news. It's really ridiculous here, I've never seen anything like it. Eagles fight songs break out on the street out of no where, at supermarkets, department stores, night clubs, etc. Everyone has their Eagles flag flying on their cards, they're in the windows of people's houses, and schools are building banners as their class projects.

From what I have heard, the Eagles superbowl story is still the lead story on every news broadcast this week.

:iggles:

maybe i'm doing a better job of hiding this stuff than you, b/c i was thinking that it's been pretty tame.

i haven't seen much hype.

not even here at work.

honest.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
This poor sap is going to be heartbroken when he finds out God is a Boys fan :)

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
so... there is something wrong with having a sense of humor?

well, you have to actually be FUNNY in order to make me laugh.

like...see that iggles trophy case down there VVVVVVV

now THAT is funny!

:D

AJM1613

Reaction score
That's terrible.

An Eagle fan so into football that he had his hatred for Dallas fans in his obituary died a week before they won the Super Bowl.

At least he was 22 when the last time the Eagles won a championship, so he must remember at least one of them.

Win one for Donald.