Perhaps the single worst performance in NFL history by a team

plymkr

Reaction score
Screw the historical context and let’s go with this. I’m happy and excited that we did not play to the level of our competition. We are the superior team and we beat them down. A knock against the Cowboys the last decade or so has been playing to the level of the competition and the game being decided in the end. Not on Sunday. That’s the sign of a good team.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The first drive-by, the Giants, they made us look silly in the run game. And then special teams blew them up, and that was the end of the story.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not sure it’s the single worst performance in NFL history, but possibly on opening day. There’s been three 59-0 beatings in NFL history.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
the only flaw in that he doesn't coach special teams in offense either.. This was a team win.... And by the way you wanna talk about the defense let's talk about how they were getting rained over on that first drive and the special teams bailed them out.. They still have problems with a mobile quarterback who will run tough and they have a running back that's willing to run.. If that was the bills and Josh Allen we would have had a much much tougher day because they would not have stopped trying it... So yes they played great but there's some coachable moments about the run game and the mobile quarterback they're gonna need to work on because that's exactly been the issue the last three years.. I bet you don't like it that I brought up some actual facts that defense did not play perfectly..
OMG they would have scored 3 instead of 0, how could he have analyzed this so wrong?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That was just a statistical butt whooping on the Giants

Call me crazy but this was more of the Cowboys being good than the Giants being bad.

More proof of this will come over the next few weeks if Dallas gets a lead. This defense will devastate when they are able to pin their ears back and go. Just watch.

Praxit

Reaction score
...yep, one of the weirdest games that I can remember. Luckily, I was on the right side.

It's like nothing that Dallas did, went wrong.

Plankton

Reaction score
Cowboys-DB-Mike-Jenkins-Embarrassing-Season-Summed-Up-In-46-Seconds-595x317.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
I find it interesting how hard you're arguing about this for another player from another team but you didn't do this with Prescott did you argue those seven that we picked apart that we can say weren't on him???

were you vehemently supporting Prescott like you are Barkley?? maybe you're a Barkley fan??
I mean I don't get this dude this is an interception and no matter what you do to it he did not have it long enough in his hand that he could have made a football move before it got knocked out that's why it got knocked out that's why it's called interception because the defender hit him at the perfect time to make it not a catch and it bounce off him he didn't have it long enough in his hand to make a move any move therefore it's not a football move it's hit him in the hands and then it's gone that's a bam bam play that's always gonna be called an interception...​
You mean Jones? I'm claiming Barkley fumbled. I know the rule. A similar play happened in the SB and they called it an incompletion.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Not sure why I don't remember this one.
I recall most azz kickings including that Cardinals 38 Cowboys 0 on Monday night decades ago.
That was the 85 Bears!

Steve Pelluer was almost killed on one sack.

Wilbur Marshal was unstoppable.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Also Dallas lost a game to Minnesota in 1970 by 39 points more than the 38 point beat down by St. Louis that year. After the loss to St. Louis the Cowboys would win all the way to the Super Bowl.

chagus

Reaction score
Saturday: The Giants are vastly improved and DJ is poised to shock everyone versus Dallas and also have a great season.

Sunday night: Yeah sure the Cowboys absolutely destroyed the Giants... BUT! Dallas wasn't THAT good. Its only because the Giants were that bad.

Ridiculous.