Pet Peeve

swang1103

Reaction score
Why did we call a TO with 6 secs. left, you should wait til under 4 secs to call TO, why give other team a chance to do something crazy on KR or take chance on getting a penalty to extend the game ala Skins game. Your thoughts, does this bother you guys?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Normally they do it so if there is a bad snap they have one more shot at it. It's just insurance.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
yea hos, It was fourth down, there was in reality no reason to do it so early, i was asking the same thing.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1211909 said:
It was fourth down. We should have waited.

That's right. If you're kicking on third down you want to have at 7-9 sec to be sure you have time for the holder to spike it in the event you do have a bad snap. Surprising mistake for a Parcells coached team.

I wonder who screwed up. If they had run back the kickoff, I would have demanded that player to be put to death!;)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I may be out in left field here but I think we called the TO just to settle everyone down and to make sure everyones head was screwed on straight.;)

Must I remind you We have some young players on the field. :)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
sonnyboy;1211953 said:
That's right. If you're kicking on third down you want to have at 7-9 sec to be sure you have time for the holder to spike it in the event you do have a bad snap.

The holder can't spike it without it being a penalty for intentional grounding.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I agree, but i think the players were just excited that we could win the game, and rushed to call a timeout without looking at the clock. i dont think the players had any idea how much time was left, they just knew timeout timeout timeout lol.

I mean after what happened in KC, with the 01 in the 4th, i'd take 6 seconds and a kickoff.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Cbz40;1211967 said:
I may be out in left field here but I think we called the TO just to settle everyone down and to make sure everyones head was screwed on straight.;)

Must I remind you We have some young players on the field. :)

I had a dog, and his name was .....BINGO!!
Especially Grammaticas head.. TONS of pressure.

EndGame

Reaction score
That return of theirs scared the crap out of me. When they managed to lateral to Brandon Jacobs I closed my eyes.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If 1 second is all we have to complain about, I'll be very happy.