Petitti's old habits against the Vikes

SAboys889

Houstonboys13
Reaction score
If anyone wants another reason to substantiate why Petitti got cut, then just watch the interception that Romo threw with 13.47 left in the 4th Qtr. The Viking’s defensive end (I assume third on the depth chart) just ran right past Petitti. Romo had to hurry his throw. This lead to overthrowing Crayton, and the defensive back intercepting the ball. It looked just like Petitti from last year. I know a lot of you liked Petitti and developed a special bond with his father, but in my opinion, we needed someone who had a lot more athletic ability than him. It just looked like he was too "fat" to move quick enough once a defensive end got a jump on the ball.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
There were reasons for him to be cut, but he is still good i liked him. I would hate to see him in Burgundy and Gold and i have a feeling that they will pick him up off waivers if he is available to them. Their Oline depth is awful.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
There were reasons for him to be cut, but he is still good i liked him. I would hate to see him in Burgundy and Gold and i have a feeling that they will pick him up off waivers if he is available to them. Their Oline depth is awful.

hey, I hope starts at LT instead of Samuels this year :)

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
me too! haha, but hey he is better than guys a,b,c,d, and e that make up their backup line.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
me too! haha, but hey he is better than guys a,b,c,d, and e that make up their backup line.

true, true, but not significantly IMO, maybe in a couple years

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Houstonboys13 said:
If anyone wants another reason to substantiate why Petitti got cut, then just watch the interception that Romo threw with 13.47 left in the 4th Qtr. The Viking’s defensive end (I assume third on the depth chart) just ran right past Petitti. Romo had to hurry his throw. This lead to overthrowing Crayton, and the defensive back intercepting the ball. It looked just like Petitti from last year. I know a lot of you liked Petitti and developed a special bond with his father, but in my opinion, we needed someone who had a lot more athletic ability than him. It just looked like he was too "fat" to move quick enough once a defensive end got a jump on the ball.
The only flaw in your logic is that the last INT that Romo threw before this game was because Fabini did the same thing...whiffed on a block. I don't see much difference in their play...I would have gone with the younger player. But it is done now and I have no doubt that we will be playing against Pettiti somewhere down the line; someone will pick him up.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
why.....no im kidding samuels is ok, a much better player than pettiti (who i still like)

very servicable but has his downsides

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
hahah

Samuels is good

but his pass protecting isn't great i remember Jarred Allen last year, torched Samuels for 3 sacks it was funny stuff.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Samuels actually is a similar player to our own Flozell Adams, both are maddingly inconsistent, except Samuels has trouble with strong DEs, while it's speedy ones who Flozell struggles against

Dallas31

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:

the only thing better than us cutting him would be the Commanders picking him up....

they aren't that stupid however...

Mansta54

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:

I hope they do and I hope he'll have to start for them. Our OLB will run right past him every time. He was terrible. I liked his heart and he worked hard BUT he was awful. They can have him.....

Mansta54

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
hahah

Samuels is good

but his pass protecting isn't great i remember Jarred Allen last year, torched Samuels for 3 sacks it was funny stuff.

He is so OVERRATED!!!!