PFF John Owning [3-25-2023] Mock

stilltheguru

Reaction score
pff_mock_results-19-1024x946.png

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Many believe an offensive heavy draft is forthcoming, although I like the top two picks, unlikely they would go in that direction. Not going to wait to the 7th rd to draft a back for sure.
I think McDonald is one of the defenders they'll take over an offensive player.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I would love those first 2 picks. Both of them are guys that I really like. Benton is one of the few DT’s that I really want in Dallas from this draft.

Not really crazy about the rest but I love those first 2.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think Owning is the guy who really breaks down the Defensive Line prospects every year, it's no surprise that he took 2 with our 1st 2 selections. Think what we all need to do when forecasting is, not what we want them to do, but rather what we think they will do.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Love it. McDonald is a Pro Bowl DE at 26, Benton is a better pro 1T than all Fatty McBiggums people are clamoring about. Shoonmaker has better upside than Ferguson. You are probably looking at a TE committee in 2023 if he is your guy, but you at least have 3 quality TE's.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Love it. McDonald is a Pro Bowl DE at 26, Benton is a better pro 1T than all Fatty McBiggums people are clamoring about. Shoonmaker has better upside than Ferguson. You are probably looking at a TE committee in 2023 if he is your guy, but you at least have 3 quality TE's.
Yea first 3 picks are cool. Don't know about the others.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Many believe an offensive heavy draft is forthcoming, although I like the top two picks, unlikely they would go in that direction. Not going to wait to the 7th rd to draft a back for sure.
You did the same thing with your draft by leaving out tight end. The problem is that its hard to know who will be available later in the draft. In his simulation there probably was a run on running backs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You did the same thing with your draft by leaving out tight end. The problem is that its hard to know who will be available later in the draft. In his simulation there probably was a run on running backs.
He waited to end of the draft to take a rb.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He felt he had better value with the other selections. I don’t like the Purdue quarterback but the other picks are realistic.
Almost zero chance they wait that long to draft a running back, I had one in the 4th rd and that was probably too low as well.

Carson

Reaction score
I agree, but cannot see a defensive heavy draft forthcoming. McDonald certainly would fit that bpa at 26.
I didn’t believe McDonald would be the guy. But eerily similar to Williams last year with Quinn working one on one with him.

RS12

Reaction score
I actually like this draft quite a bit. Doubt is goes down that way but still. Zavalla is an under the radar guy who is rapidly rising above the radar according to most talking heads.