PFT: Carson Palmer: I'm Playing.

Kilyin

Reaction score
CARSON PALMER: “I’M PLAYING”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 30, 2008, 11:10 a.m.

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer missed Sunday’s game with an elbow injury, and there has been speculation around the NFL that the injury is more serious than he’s letting on.

But Palmer insists that one game is all he’ll miss, and he’ll be back on the field Sunday at Dallas.

I’ve already made up my mind I’m playing,” Palmer said Monday. “I’m going to do what I can in practice and do what they let me do, but I’m 100 percent expecting to play going into this game and planning on playing. I’ll probably be limited in practice, but do what I can.”

Coach Marvin Lewis wasn’t quite as optimistic, saying only, “There is a possibility he could play Sunday.”

Palmer said he injured the elbow in the first quarter of the Bengals’ Week 3 loss to the Giants. Oddly, the Giants game was by far Palmer’s best this season. He completed 27 of 39 passes for 286 yards, with one touchdown and no interceptions with the bad elbow against New York. In the two games when he was healthy this season, Palmer completed 25 of 51 passes for 228 yards, with no touchdowns and three interceptions.

Reaction score
QB Palmer says he's playing

Lewis: 'We'll see where he is'

By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • September 30, 2008

Carson Palmer said he plans on playing Sunday in Dallas but, as a player, will defer to team doctors.

"I've already made up my mind I'm playing," Palmer said Monday, a day after his 51-game start streak was broken because of an inflamed throwing (right) elbow. "I'm going to do what I can in practice and do what they let me do, but I'm 100 percent expecting to play going into this game and planning on playing. I'll probably be limited in practice, but do what I can."
Coach Marvin Lewis said he had no update on Palmer but said that "with rest and the inflammation going away, this should not recur. That's what I've been told. We'll see where he is on Wednesday before we go any further than Wednesday. ... There is a possibility he could play Sunday."
The ligament in Palmer's right elbow is not damaged and he does not require surgery. If he were a baseball pitcher, he would be out four to six weeks.
Palmer is receiving medical treatment that includes a combination of laser use to reduce the inflammation and two to three hours of physical therapy.
Palmer said he was injured in the first quarter against the Giants when his arm was grabbed by a defender when he was trying to throw the ball. Palmer again declined to go into any detail on what was wrong with his elbow.
"It's not 100 percent," he said. "And when I'm close to 100 percent, I'll get the nod to play. Hopefully, that's this week."
There are no plans to shelve Palmer for the season.
"That's why we held him out of the game," Lewis said.
Ryan Fitzpatrick, who started, said he ran some plays in the Browns game he didn't practice last week. Offensive coaches started to prepare the game plan Monday and will continue today.
"We'll approach ... as coaches prepared to play with Ryan," Lewis said. "And so I think as they formulate the plan, everybody has to understand that. And I think there will be some things we can do differently right from the onset rather than trying to switch in midstream like we did a week ago."

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080930/SPT02/809300330/1066

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dumb move. If that elbow is still inflamed and hurt like it was and he's just forcing himself into the lineup he's going to wind up right back on the sideline, for longer, after taking a bunch of hits before he's healed up.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Wrangler87;2298942 said:
He may not be 100%, but we will make him look 100%.
It depends on the defensive game plan, but the Bengals, have a shotty OL, but I also know that the Bengals will do alot of max protection to try to keep Palmer standing up right.

But the coverage scheme on defense does irks somewhat they have to talented of a secondary to line 15, or 20 yds off the line of scrimmage to let opposing WRs, get that much of a cushion.

They can't allow "Ocho Cinco", or Houshmandzadeh to run wild underneath all game.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
ringmaster;2299660 said:
It depends on the defensive game plan, but the Bengals, have a shotty OL, but I also know that the Bengals will do alot of max protection to try to keep Palmer standing up right.

But the coverage scheme on defense does irks somewhat they have to talented of a secondary to line 15, or 20 yds off the line of scrimmage to let opposing WRs, get that much of a cushion.

They can't allow "Ocho Cinco", or Houshmandzadeh to run wild underneath all game.
I dont blame Palmer for wanting to play. with the way our secondary is playing, who woudn't want too.