News: PFT: Clerical payroll error costs 49ers 2025 5th-round pick, reduced 2024 4th-round pick

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that. In fact that’s when I started reading and posting here.

I wanted to know if they could dump all the bad contracts in the uncapped year.

Jerry had the same idea but Mara got pissed and moaned to Goodell until they were penalized.

You have to wonder how much of that played into Jerry being really, really upset over the Elliott suspension and threatening to go all Al Davis after he let the cap thing go although it was well within any rules anyone could find.

Funny how no one committed a holding penalty against Dallas for about eight games. Cute. Lucky for them we are all dumb.
exactly right. That entire situation was Mara pushing Goodell to take action against two NFCE rivals. Washington was hit even harder. The truth is, the Cowboys had only one contract that caused a problem I believe. I think it was Miles Austin. What really struck me though was the NFLPA not coming to the defense of Dallas and Washington. Also, Dallas not suing the league for holding them to a contractual agreement after the contract expired. I always suspect the league threatened Dallas and Washington with even further punishment if they sues, perhaps even forcing Jerry to sell the team. My hatred for Goodell started then and has increased with each decision he makes.

jgboys1

Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots in San Francisco!
They don’t have their stuff together like we do!

fivetwos

Reaction score
exactly right. That entire situation was Mara pushing Goodell to take action against two NFCE rivals. Washington was hit even harder. The truth is, the Cowboys had only one contract that caused a problem I believe. I think it was Miles Austin. What really struck me though was the NFLPA not coming to the defense of Dallas and Washington. Also, Dallas not suing the league for holding them to a contractual agreement after the contract expired. I always suspect the league threatened Dallas and Washington with even further punishment if they sues, perhaps even forcing Jerry to sell the team. My hatred for Goodell started then and has increased with each decision he makes.
Yes I recall Austin being an issue. Williams and Barber were cut then also.

Jerry truly was trying to get one over, but there was no specific rule against it. The commissioner can do whatever he wants though.

You have to wonder about Jerrys relationship with Goodell. I can’t stand Jerry with a passion for obvious reasons but there’s no question his role within the league grew it into what it has become today while some others just sat there and voted. Many NFL owners are indebted to him.

The Elliott thing made him push to get Goodell out, which he got no support on. None.

He somehow got enough support to get into the HOF, which I’ve always kinda questioned. From what I understand a large part of it was a big effort from Dalrymple, who was maybe allowed to keep his position and dignity following the shoe camera incident if he succeeded. Maybe I’ve seen too many movies but that was the vibe I got.

Mikexike

Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots in San Francisco!
They don’t have their stuff together like we do!
Well just look at the city, Its a mess. The once beloved SF city is now a homeless drug/theft pandemic city. Wouldn't be surprised if they had druggies doing the accounting for them for the cheap. :lmao:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
And they have another dozen picks just for promoting minority coaches