PFT: Devin Thomas to meet with Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DEVIN IN DEMAND

Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2008, 9:46 a.m.

Michigan State receiver Devin Thomas, who could be one of the only wideouts take in round one, has three additional team visits scheduled.

Per a league source, Thomas is meeting with the Commanders, Cowboys, and Raiders. Thomas previously was scheduled to work out for the Ravens this week.

Surely, the Raiders aren’t considering Thomas at the No. 4 overall selection. Or are they? The Raiders don’t have a second-round pick or a third-round selection.

Perhaps the Raiders are planning a possible move down, and are doing their homework in the event that they’re picking lower in round one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2036025 said:
I bet Thomas hopes the Raiders takes him at #4

lol the only team dumb enough to do that is the Raiders.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Thomas. He's not gonna make the biggest impact next year, but something about the way he looks/runs/plays reminds me of Steve Smith.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
There's no way the Raiders are going to take Devin Thomas at #4. The Raiders have made some ridiculous $$ FA moves, but they generally draft in accordance with the consensus of player projections. Russell, Huff, Gallery were all projected to go in those slots.

The obvious implication by visiting with Thomas is that the Raiders may trade down in the first round. That is interesting. I didn't realize the Raiders don't have selections in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That would definitely make them prime candidates for a trade down. Hmm...:)

Reaction score

captain-obvious.jpg

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
..the possibility of trading out of their #4 spot and looking at Thomas in the second half of the draft with their pick.

Seems smart to look at what might be there for them.

The Raiders need help and they don't need the #4 pick's cap slot.

You watch, Al Davis is going to be doing some wheeling and dealing at #4.

Cowboys..?

:starspin ReDBaLL ExPreSS:starspin

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Redball Express;2036084 said:
..the possibility of trading out of their #4 spot and looking at Thomas in the second half of the draft with their pick.

Cowboys..?

austin-powers-cocktail-glass-4900072.jpg

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Redball Express;2036084 said:

Cowboys..?

They have more cap room than we do.

I hope you're wrong about us moving up.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I still doubt that we're the people moving up with them. I can't see Jerry giving up what he'd have to give up in order to trade with them.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Gaede;2036042 said:
I like Thomas. He's not gonna make the biggest impact next year, but something about the way he looks/runs/plays reminds me of Steve Smith.

Why? Did he beatup a teammate? :laugh2:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Davis is just preparing for his move down to Detroit's slot when the Lions trade their pick and our 28th pick (which they'll get for trading Roy Williams to us) in order to move up and draft McFadden.

Reaction score
I like Thomas but again I think about the risk/reward factor that goes along with drafting a WR in the 1st round.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2036017 said:
Michigan State receiver Devin Thomas, who could be one of the only wideouts take in round one, has three additional team visits scheduled.

Per a league source, Thomas is meeting with the Commanders, Cowboys, and Raiders.
I still can't figure out why he is visiting. He should be gone by 22 but I guess you never know.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Maybe the Raiders are looking to get him with their 4th round pick. ;)