PFT: Commanders chased Cooper "all the way until the end"

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That's why you get deals done for players you want before free agency. We probably ended up spending a little more than we wanted to as a result.

tunahelper

Reaction score
In today's NFL it doesn't take 2-3 years to rebuild. They got their running back in place. Got their quarterback in place. Got their head coach. Now they just have to see if they made the right decision on all of those guys.

QB in place, Commanders? They require a serious upgrade.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It's a real shame they didn't see it through and land him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like Copper wanted to play for the Commanders but his agent wouldn't let him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
QB in place, Commanders? They require a serious upgrade.
They got their QB of the future in place. Time to develop him. I don't get the hate Dwayne Haskins gets....either they draft a guy this year or they have Haskins...anyway they got their QB.

lkelly

Reaction score
They got their QB of the future in place. Time to develop him. I don't get the hate Dwayne Haskins gets....either they draft a guy this year or they have Haskins...anyway they got their QB.

I wonder how many times people have said the same thing about Cleveland.

For the last 20 years.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I wonder how many times people have said the same thing about Cleveland.

For the last 20 years.

I remember fans here and local media members....(Hi Jen Engle) rambling on and on about how Dallas should draft Brady Quinn because Romo sucked and Quinn had pedigree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I remember fans here and local media members....(Hi Jen Engle) rambling on and on about how Dallas should draft Brady Quinn because Romo sucked and Quinn had pedigree.
OMG.....Jen Engle.....I forgot about that whole era.....Randy Galloway...I couldn't stand them but I enjoyed listening lol. ESPN 1033 really hasn't been the same since he's been gone.

ESisback

Reaction score
Our NFCE rivals are like jealous little step-siblings, obsessed with Dallas, because they get the most attention. Philly’s the worst, but Danny and the Deadskins aren’t far behind. They pursued Coop heavily for several reasons...1)They wanted an upgrade at WR, 2)They wanted to take one of our main weapons, 3)They wanted to drive up his price to hurt us cap wise. Priority wise, arrange those how you see it.

Me? 3, 2, 1.

MikeB80

Reaction score
OMG.....Jen Engle.....I forgot about that whole era.....Randy Galloway...I couldn't stand them but I enjoyed listening lol. ESPN 1033 really hasn't been the same since he's been gone.

She actually had an afternoon show with Steve Dennis. It was 3 hours of Tony Romo-Roy Williams-T-New hate. Then they added wade phillips to the list. Steve Dennis loved owens, Engle hated him.

dckid

Reaction score
This is exactly what happens in free agency. One team gets desperate and finds itself offering Cooper 22 million/year. All it takes is one team...
I mean you have to realize, the biggest mistake was not signing to an extension when we traded for him. Lesson learned I hope.
He was also the only legitimated WR who made it to UFA.