PFT: Schefter: Cowboys’ Henry will play, Witten unsure

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
COWBOYS’ HENRY WILL PLAY, WITTEN UNSURE

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 2, 2008, 11:17 a.m.
The Dallas Cowboys’ defense got some good news on the injury front today, and the offense might as well.

Adam Schefter reported on NFL Network’s NFL GameDay Morning that Cowboys cornerback Anthony Henry will play today against the Giants despite a thigh injury that has bothered him this week.

Cowboys tight end Jason Witten also might play despite a broken rib and a shoulder injury. Schefter reports that Witten will go through pregame warmups and hopes he’ll feel well enough to play. The decision will come about two hours before the 4:15 kickoff.

Schefter also reported that while it’s possible that Brooks Bollinger could take snaps at quarterback if Brad Johnson struggles, Bollinger didn’t get much time with the first-string offense this week. Bollinger spent most of the week at practice playing the role of Eli Manning and running the scout team offense.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
An injured, even slower than normal, Henry scares the bejeezus out of me. I pray he's only playing in the nickel and dime. I don't mind him matching up against TE's today, and god knows we need the depth, but He's no match for Burress when he's healthy...if he's injured, well that's just a bad idea.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's worse?

Henry is going to play versus Witten isn't going to play.

I'll say both are about equally bad. :eek::

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I hope Henry doesn't start. He has played horrible this year and an injured thigh only makes it worse. Jenkins and Scandrick should start with Henry playing Nickle and covering the TE.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
tomson75;2389530 said:
An injured, even slower than normal, Henry scares the bejeezus out of me. I pray he's only playing in the nickel and dime. I don't mind him matching up against TE's today, and god knows we need the depth, but He's no match for Burress when he's healthy...if he's injured, well that's just a bad idea.

He's our new Roy Williams 38.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we alreasy have 1 hurt qb you would think our coaches would give Brooks more 1st team action just to be safe.