Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That is a good one.......

they should stop treating us like Red Headed Stepchilds

the children are the future....the Young Guns

MarkP88

Reaction score
This is absolutely true. There is no single thing that would help the NFL get its ratings mojo back than an extended return to glory by the Cowboys. That's fact.

Add in the Raiders' resurgence, and the Dolphins' (maybe) resurgence, combined with the Giants being a playoff team, and you'll start seeing those ratings go up again. Imagine what the ratings would be if the Super Bowl ended up as us versus the Raiders? That'd be huge. The showdown that should have happened in the 70s but somehow never did.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"COWBELL"
" A day without cowbell is as unto a day without beer"
I got one hanging from my rear view,,,it clangs when ever I turn the wheel/hit bad patch of road,,, sometimes it will jump up and turn off the sports radio which isn't a bad thing most of the time,,,LOL.

RS12

Reaction score
I had the tweet a week or so ago where of the five highest number of viewed games this season, the Cowboys played on four of em. Fact of the matter is like many traditional high recognition franchises, the game is more interesting when the Cowboys are relevant.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Most watched Thursday night game ever. Very impressive, but not surprising. That's why the networks love to get a Cowboys game. Even when the rest of the ratings are tanking the Cowboys are as golden as ever. They are the only sure thing when it comes to viewers.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Those are very impressive numbers, but isn't this the first year they've broadcasted Thursday Night Football on NBC instead of NFLN?

That may be the reason it's the most ever.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Those are very impressive numbers, but isn't this the first year they've broadcasted Thursday Night Football on NBC instead of NFLN?

That may be the reason it's the most ever.

NFL Network shared the broadcast with CBS several times earlier this year. First time sharing it with NBC though, I believe.

plymkr

Reaction score
This is absolutely true. There is no single thing that would help the NFL get its ratings mojo back than an extended return to glory by the Cowboys. That's fact.

Add in the Raiders' resurgence, and the Dolphins' (maybe) resurgence, combined with the Giants being a playoff team, and you'll start seeing those ratings go up again. Imagine what the ratings would be if the Super Bowl ended up as us versus the Raiders? That'd be huge. The showdown that should have happened in the 70s but somehow never did.
I think the NFL should reward the Cowboys by fixing it so we win the super bowl this year, the same way they've fixed it with all the patriots winning. I'm just kidding but this is good for the NFL that the Patriots dynasty is starting to crumble with Gronk having 3 back surgeries and Brady getting old. It'll be good for the NFL to have a new dynasty and the Cowboys have the makings to be a really good team for the next 10 years or so. Young QB, young offense, we could be the new Patriots for the next 15 years. I could live with that. The NFL would certainly benefit from it.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
Al Micheals was on Dan Patrick about a year ago. He said,"Make no mistake about it.The Dallas Cowboys are still America's Team".