News: PFT: Trey Lance on preseason opener: Big game for me

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope this kid balls out! Based on camp reports, it would be suprising. But the talk about Dak was that he stunk in practice too.

LOBO7

Reaction score
I hope he lights it up. Make things really interesting around here.

RS12

Reaction score
Supposedly his last few practices were better. There is certainly no down side to him playing well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tPE9yQm.png

INCOMING!

sbark

Reaction score
Trey connecting with TE Stephens fairly well
Stephens door open with Hendershot limited due to injury.
But Stephens weakness is blocking as a TE
Be a great blocking WR....just saying

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s not a big game if he plays well people will say it’s preseason. If he sucks? Oh well. He has all preseason to earn his spot.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All he has to do is use his legs!!! Make the plays with his legs, give the defense fits, I bet you'll see the sidelines going wild!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s not a big game if he plays well people will say it’s preseason. If he sucks? Oh well. He has all preseason to earn his spot.
The good thing is we all get to watch for ourselves and make up our own minds.... I mean did you see Justin fields the feedback and blowback he's getting for being called solid an average and a preseason game are you serious where was he picked what was his expectations? And so far looking at practicing camp video there is no real gap between rush and Trey Lance so the only way that's going to be settled is in these preseason games and hopefully they get the rotation right over the full three games, one start one game and come in as a backup and the other and then vice versa...

Trust me I'd rather have them look good in preseason even though I'm more interested in the running backs and the offense and defensive lines... Most of us have about 5 people we're going to watch in these games so they definitely still have some value...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These PS games will probably decide if Trey Lance remains an NFL player with a future or if he joins the ranks of highly drafted QBs who simply could not make the transition to the pro game. Thats why drafting a QB even early in the first round is no guarantee the guy will succeed in the NFL.

Fair or not, Trey Lance’s career hangs in the balance. He has certainly underwhelmed so far. I wish the kid well though. He does have a ton of raw talent and is a high quality person of character. But he must show that he’s worth keeping around these next few weeks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
These PS games will probably decide if Trey Lance remains an NFL player with a future or if he joins the ranks of highly drafted QBs who simply could not make the transition to the pro game. Thats why drafting a QB even early in the first round is no guarantee the guy will succeed in the NFL.

Fair or not, Trey Lance’s career hangs in the balance. He has certainly underwhelmed so far. I wish the kid well though. He does have a ton of raw talent and is a high quality person of character. But he must show that he’s worth keeping around these next few weeks.
That's not how this league works, he will get many more chances as a quarterback..

Big D

Reaction score
I wish him luck and hope he can turn it on come game time. In the practice videos I see a few things Dak was criticized about early on. He focuses on one wr or one side of the field. He seems hesitant to pull the trigger at times and HIs accuracy is off , sometimes throwing behind the wrs. If he does these things in the game it won't be good. Hopefully adrenaline kicks in and he steps up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he looks good the resident haters will have excuses. Vanilla, scrubs, it is only preseason.
If he looks not so good, the resident lovers will say, give him time, it was his 1st real action in a year.

If Rush looks good, some will say Trey did not close the gap. If Rush is so-so, some will say Trey is #2 QB.

I just want to see how the entire team looks and if the defense looks different with real LB's. And to finally see Lance in some real plays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From recent reports he has shown what the have been waiting for. And has been much improved.