PFT: Would Jerry Jones fire MM during the 2024 season?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
History says no, he'll lame duck this to the very end. It would take a colossal Wade Phillips like embarrassment to pull that trigger.

And even if he does, do you promote Zim in the interim? He hasn't earned it either. I'd like Al Harris leading the guys if McCarthy gets canned but I don't see Jerry making that move.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No, Jerry loves everybody and sees no issues with this franchise. He actually may extend his contract while in denial

Trajan

Reaction score
Jerruh fired Wade mid-season, but he had his guy Garrett waiting in the wings. Not sure who would takeover, if Kellen Moore was still here, 100% could see Jerruh can McCarthy. Maybe Zimmer, but doubt it.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Not unless the Cowboys loses 5 of 6 straight and McCarthy loses the lockerroom, otherwise it's a Jason Garrett repeat, coaches the season, contract expires, hires a new headcoach.

stinkface

Reaction score
He loses the next 5 games in a row he will be gone. It will mean he has lost the team. Every player knows Mike is a Lame Duck coach. Lameduck coaches already have one leg out the door.

slick325

Reaction score
Jerry has set Big Mike up to be the scapegoat. Unfortunately, Cowboys fans have eyes and more access to information than any other period in Cowboys history, thus we have all seen how Jerry and Stephen handled the offseason. Or shall I say took the offseason off. Florio stated that they thought it started after Labor Day.

There is no way the Jones boys can shake the stench or position themselves as having clean hands should the season fully derail. So, firing McCarthy during the season or as soon as the season ends is irrelevant.

The Jones boys did not improve the team at all in the offseason.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
History says no, he'll lame duck this to the very end. It would take a colossal Wade Phillips like embarrassment to pull that trigger.

And even if he does, do you promote Zim in the interim? He hasn't earned it either. I'd like Al Harris leading the guys if McCarthy gets canned but I don't see Jerry making that move.
If we lose to NY, that will have us pacing Wade status, with a rough stretch of games ahead. May as well hire Belichick and implement his system during a lost year, get a head start on next season and come away with a high draft slot. Sounds crazy, but it's better than watching this team quit on McCarthy week in and week out. Doubt it happens, but ya never know.