Philly.com:Owens blasts McNabb, organization

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Posted on Fri, Nov. 04, 2005

Owens blasts McNabb, organization

By Jim Swan

Inquirer Staff Writer

Terrell Owens dropped a few bombshells during an interview shown on ESPN's SportsCenter last night.

The Eagles wide receiver, who does not talk to Philadelphia reporters, was interviewed by an ESPN.com contributor, who asked Owens about comments made by former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin.

Irvin, an ESPN analyst, had said that the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback, and in some respects, Owens agreed.

"He's a guy, obviously, a number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he plays with injuries," Owens said of Favre. "I just feel like [with] him being knowledgable about the quarterback position, I just feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens also was asked about how Donovan McNabb's injuries have affected the Eagles' performance this season.

"Our wins and losses are really predicated on how he plays," he said of McNabb.

"Everybody can point fingers at our defense, but it doesn't matter. Even when we were 28 [points] down [against Denver], I still had in the back of my mind that we could come back had our offense gotten in sync.

"I honestly feel with playmakers like myself, L.J. [Smith], and obviously Brian Westbrook, that we could've gotten back in the game, and that we did.

"It's hard to win ball games when you have turnovers, and we had a turnover right when we were about to go in to probably tie the game. That killed our momentum and killed our drive."

Owens was referring to an interception thrown in the end zone by McNabb when the Eagles had cut the Broncos' lead to 28-21.

Owens indicated to ESPN that he was not happy that the Eagles failed to recognize his 100th career touchdown reception, which he posted Oct. 23 against the San Diego Chargers.

"They claim to be first-class, and the best organization," he said of the Eagles. "I just felt like it was an embarrassment. It just shows the lack of class that they had."

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13078600.htm