Philly to add RB?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/112478463415770.xml&coll=5&thispage=2

Head coach Andy Reid confirmed that interest yesterday after the Pats made the trade. The Eagles still remain interested in a veteran backup wide receiver.

-- -- --

The team also is interested in a veteran backup running back. Arizona released former Cowboy Troy Hambrick yesterday, which could spark some interest.

Hambrick, at 6-foot-1 and 233 pounds, has the size the Eagles covet. The five-year veteran spent his first four years in the league with Dallas. He rushed for 972 yards and five touchdowns in 2003. Last year with the Cardinals, he carried 63 times for 283 yards, an average of 4.5 yards per carry.

There also are rumors the Eagles could be interested in one of two backs from Miami, Sammy Morris (6-foot, 220), or Lamar Gordon (6-1, 228).

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
hambrickte.jpg

Gaede

Reaction score
Haha, Yes. Please god let Tham play for the Eagles! Do this for us please!

TheHustler

Reaction score
Wow. T-Ham an eagle? That would be SO sweet. Sadly, I think the Eagles are too smart for that.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/112478463415770.xml&coll=5&thispage=2

Head coach Andy Reid confirmed that interest yesterday after the Pats made the trade. The Eagles still remain interested in a veteran backup wide receiver.

-- -- --

The team also is interested in a veteran backup running back. Arizona released former Cowboy Troy Hambrick yesterday, which could spark some interest.

Hambrick, at 6-foot-1 and 233 pounds, has the size the Eagles covet. The five-year veteran spent his first four years in the league with Dallas. He rushed for 972 yards and five touchdowns in 2003. Last year with the Cardinals, he carried 63 times for 283 yards, an average of 4.5 yards per carry.

There also are rumors the Eagles could be interested in one of two backs from Miami, Sammy Morris (6-foot, 220), or Lamar Gordon (6-1, 228).

Miami has a glut of RBs right now. Ricky and Ronnie obviously. I still think Lamar has some potential. Morris was probably their best back last year (not saying much) and Kay Jay Harris has some promise as a rookie.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It would be our luck that in Philly he'd turn in to an all pro

That's what I was thinking Y-meister (Lol). I don't think they'll do it personally.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Philly fans are probably tired of Dorsey Levens being brought in every year. Philly does need a big back because it appears they can't count on Buckhalter (I haven't heard if he is out for the season or not). Their rookie back is going to be a good one but he to is small. They don't need much but I think they could do better than Hambrick to get a few carries a game.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
chicago JK said:
Philly ...don't need much but I think they could do better than Hambrick to get a few carries a game.

That's absolutely correct C-JK - I agree!
clap.gif