Pink performs opening music for NBC Sunday Night Football broadcasts

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Associated Press

NEW YORK — Pink, the Grammy Award-winning singer known for her single, Get the Party Started, has recorded the opening music for NBC Sunday Night Football.

"We chose Pink as the signature voice because she is a tremendous talent with a crossover appeal that makes her relevant to all segments of our audience," said Fred Gaudelli, who will produce the Sunday night broadcasts for NBC.

Pink has created Waiting All Day for Sunday Night, set to Joan Jett's I Hate Myself for Loving You, with new lyrics, NBC said Wednesday.

"A football fan knows the anticipation of waiting all day for the big game. When you hear this song on Sunday nights, you'll know the big game is about to kick off," Gaudelli said in a statement.

Film composer John Williams (Star Wars and Superman) has written theme music for the network's Football Night in America studio show and Sunday Night Football broadcasts.

"It has been great fun and a rare privilege to have been asked to contribute music for NBC's broadcast of one of our country's greatest traditions — football!" Williams said in a statement. "The outstanding athletes that play this game are similar to our great musicians in that they all require complete dedication and rigorous daily practice to stay sharp."

NBC will broadcast the Sunday night game that had previously been shown on ESPN as part of its six-year, $600 million deal with the NFL.
———

LINK

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
yep.. me and my buddies always go outside, throw some meat on the grill, drink a couple brewskies, toss the pigskin around, and crank up some Pink.. nothing says football like Pink.. what the f?

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm going to guess they are going to use that "Get this party started song" so only a few years out of date and music aimed at completely the wrong demographic.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
yep.. me and my buddies always go outside, throw some meat on the grill, drink a couple brewskies, toss the pigskin around, and crank up some Pink.. nothing says football like Pink..

:muttley:

Nav22

Reaction score
What a way to say "thank you" to the grizzled long-time football fans that have propelled the NFL to the top of the American sports pantheon! PINK!

baj1dallas

Reaction score
good grief...hank williams to pink? come on now. shoulda gone with britney spears when she was hot.

Boston Cowboy

Reaction score
TX_Yid said:
I'm going to guess they are going to use that "Get this party started song" so only a few years out of date and music aimed at completely the wrong demographic.

Third Paragraph down in article said:
Pink has created Waiting All Day for Sunday Night, set to Joan Jett's I Hate Myself for Loving You, with new lyrics, NBC said Wednesday.

Didn't make it to the third paragraph, did you?

Such an immense talent that she has to use someone else's music??

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

NBC SportsGrammy winner and football fan Pink recorded the opening song for "NBC Sunday Night Football," which debuts Sept. 10.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

NBC SportsGrammy winner and football fan Pink recorded the opening song for "NBC Sunday Night Football," which debuts Sept. 10.
That caption is wrong.. It should actually read, "Pink held a football for the first time in her life today."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
That caption is wrong.. It should actually read, "Pink held a football for the first time in her life today."

:laugh2:

truth is, I'd rather see her than "I ride my daddy's coattails" Hank WIlliams Jr.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
baj1dallas said:
good grief...hank williams to pink? come on now. shoulda gone with britney spears when she was hot.

Yeah, and the Hank Williams thing is a beating anymore....can't they come up with something different.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Yeah, and the Hank Williams thing is a beating anymore....can't they come up with something different.
Ya, maybe work in a little Ozzy :laugh1:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to add more fuel to the fire.. Here's her Q & A.

-------------
Pink's no lady

Multi-platinum singer talks football

Posted: Aug.31, 2006, 11:11 am EDT

Grammy-Award winning singer Pink has joined with NBC Sports to create the opening song for "NBC Sunday Night Football." "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" will debut at at 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 10, during NBC's first Sunday Night Football broadcast, which features Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts against younger brother Eli and the New York Giants. A special version of the song, "Waiting All Year for Opening Night," will be featured at 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 7, as the NFL season kicks off on NBC with the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers hosting the Miami Dolphins.

Pink will get football night started with new lyrics set to the Joan Jett song "I Hate Myself for Loving You."

"This is something so different for me, it's like hearing yourself on the radio for the first time," Pink said. "I'm such a huge football fan that it's a great time."

Pink sat down with columnist John Walters to talk about football, locker rooms and (not) being a lady.

Q: I'm guessing you're an Eagles fan ... Did you watch the Super Bowl two years ago when they played the Patriots in Jacksonville?
A: Yes. On my couch with popcorn and my dogs and all my Eagles memorabilia. … I was screaming so loud!

Q: NFL Hall of Fame or Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ... which one throws the better induction party? And if you were to get inducted into either, who would introduce you?
A: I've never been to an induction party, but when I'm inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I'm going to invite a lot of NFL players.

Q: What would the folks back at Club Fever say when they see you've gone establishment? NBC and NFL are pretty far from rebellion, no?
A: Aren't the NFL players and I always the ones getting arrested?

Q: Which one of your songs best describes former Eagle Terrell Owens: "Missundaztood," "Trouble" or "Don't Let Me Get Me"?
A: None. I'd have to say "Cuz I Can" (Laughs).

Q: What venue would you most like to play? Why?
A: The Spectrum. It was where I saw my first concert (Billy Joel).

Q: Have you ever worn an NFL or sports jersey onstage?
A: No, but I wear all my favorite beer shirts.

Q: What's the locker room atmosphere like at a Pink show?
A: We don't have lockers, but we do shower together and slap each other's arses.

Q: Have you had any encounters with NFL players, for instance, someone attending a show of yours or telling you that they're a fan of yours?
A: Lonnie (Paxton) from the New England Patriots. He was at my house for a Super Bowl party and almost broke my nose throwing me a ball. He's strong.

Q: You're a very physical artist in your video. Were you much of a jock growing up?
A: I'm a total athlete. Gymnastics for 8 years, field hockey. Always wanted to play football, but touch football is for wussies.

Q: Only because they're the polar opposite of you: Has anyone ever mistakenly referred to you as "Pink Lady"?
A: No one has ever accused me of being a lady.

LINK

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Mr Pink?

214047h.jpg

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Q: I'm guessing you're an Eagles fan ... Did you watch the Super Bowl two years ago when they played the Patriots in Jacksonville?
A: Yes. On my couch with popcorn and my dogs and all my Eagles memorabilia. … I was screaming so loud!

I hope she chokes on here popcorn and her dogs croak.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
yep, it's official.. Pink sucks..