Pirates' Castro suspended for having phone in his pocket

Hardline

Reaction score
Pirates' Castro suspended for having phone in his pocket
5 hours ago
MLB game.

Pittsburgh Pirates infielder Rodolfo Castro received a one-game suspension and was fined for having his phone in his pocket during a game against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Aug. 9.

Castro's phone fell out of his pocket when he slid into third base in the fourth inning of what ended up being a 6-4 Pirates loss. Castro ran from first to third on a single by Oneil Cruz. As he slid safely into third, his phone fell out of his back pocket.

Castro said he didn't mean to have his cell phone on him.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/m...ckYSdZyj-T-QUQ0uHAK_TN6BkuPeRr4_HRL7hSjWg81Gk

dogberry

Reaction score
Could he have an IPOD? An hp10? A personal digital assistant? A Kindle? A Zane Grey paperback?

kskboys

Reaction score
a game suspension for that?
Absolutely. He knows the rules.

I don't allow my employees to have their phones on them while working for me. Man, I guess you have no idea the sheer number of problems present cell phones are causing in many facets of today's society. It's ridiculous.

Why do you think it's important for a player to have a cell phone on them during a game?

John813

Reaction score
With fears of cheating and possibly using the phone to simply buzz to alert the player of something I think the 1 game suspension is fair.