PK - Ola Kimrin - Made 65 Yarder

daniukid

Reaction score
Remember how this guy booted a 65 yarder in preseason for Denver a couple years ago? I searched for him online and didn't see him with any other teams. And with a leg like that, I'm assuming he could get his fair share of touchbacks. I know we signed him briefly before cutting him in '04, but doesn't anyone know about him now? Maybe we should bring him in for a trial especially without Hoffman here? The following is what they had on him on ESPN:

Kicking a 65-yard field goal doesn't land Kimrin a job
DENVER -- Kicker Ola Kimrin, who had a 65-yard field goal in preseason, was among the 18 players cut Sunday as the Denver Broncos trimmed its roster to the league maximum 53.

Kimrin's field goal in the game Thursday against Seattle was 2 yards longer than the league record of 63, which is shared by the Broncos' Jason Elam and former New Orleans Saint Tom Dempsey.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
You are more than welcome to him. He filled in for Hall last year when Hall was injured, missed a 52 yarder, a 42, yarder and 43 yarder, last year for the Commanders IIRC.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Kimrin is very erratic, and he didn't have a single touchback last season on his 17 kickoffs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to think that there are great unemployed PKs out there? At least one-quarter of the teams in the league need a better kicker. It's all trash at this point. Just have to bring a guy in and hope he doesn't screw stuff up.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Apparently, NFL Kickers are in short supply and high demand.

Excuse me now.
I'm have to go work out my legs.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Apparently, NFL Kickers are in short supply and high demand.

Excuse me now.
I'm have to go work out my legs.

I believe you are correct, however, until the Cowboys have needed a kicker so badly, I used to feel alot of good kickers were waiting on jobs! Obviously, it is not the case.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I say that anytime we see a FG coming up, someone REALLY piss off Parcells, and send him out their to kick the shart out of it.....I think we'd be ok then!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
daniukid said:
Remember how this guy booted a 65 yarder in preseason for Denver a couple years ago? I searched for him online and didn't see him with any other teams. And with a leg like that, I'm assuming he could get his fair share of touchbacks. I know we signed him briefly before cutting him in '04, but doesn't anyone know about him now? Maybe we should bring him in for a trial especially without Hoffman here? The following is what they had on him on ESPN:

Kicking a 65-yard field goal doesn't land Kimrin a job
DENVER -- Kicker Ola Kimrin, who had a 65-yard field goal in preseason, was among the 18 players cut Sunday as the Denver Broncos trimmed its roster to the league maximum 53.

Kimrin's field goal in the game Thursday against Seattle was 2 yards longer than the league record of 63, which is shared by the Broncos' Jason Elam and former New Orleans Saint Tom Dempsey.

I'm more interested in a kicker who can show consistency from 50 yards in over just a big leg who can hit a long one now and then.

notherbob

Reaction score
Broncos kickers are probably always going to be high in the distance ratings because kicks can go further at that altitude. Golf balls, too. I played golf up there a couple of times and the ball goes further but you never get the satisfying thwack that you expect, just a dull thunk but the ball still goes further. It's weird.