Plan of attack (my best guess)

dfense

Reaction score
I don't see the Cowboys coming out and trying to jam the run down Philly's throat. That could turn into a 2 yd gain, 1 yd gain, here comes an exotic blitz on 3rd and 7.

I definitely see the Cowboys leaning heavily on the pass on first down. The Eagles won't be dialing up their blitz schemes on every first down and it really changes the game plan if Dallas has a lot of 2nd and short.

Lots of passing in the first half. Lots of running in the second half.

That's my best guess analysis of the day. :D

tunahelper

Reaction score
The gameplans of late have been drop into zone and make us dink & dunk our way.

I hope they blitz because it opens up TO and Witten.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
First down passes probably isn't a bad guess at all. They're likely to do that in order to get away from some of the blitzing.

Romo is also better at burning the blitz than he used to be, so they can try if they like. We'll get 'em anyway.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
tunahelper;1740737 said:
The gameplans of late have been drop into zone and make us dink & dunk our way.

I hope they blitz because it opens up TO and Witten.

Thats a smart gameplan. Defenses probably doubt Romo's ability to get the deep ball and if they give Romo enough snaps he might throw it somewhere he shouldn't (like into the arms of Vrabel), scramble around and fumble while trying to get a first down, or just get sacked and turn the ball over.

I fully expect Philly to give up the short yardage and make Romo force plays.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Run setup playaction deep. If that doesn't work, they will go to the check downs and running game to force Philly closer to the line then playaction deep.

Thank you, thank you, I will be here all week. :laugh2:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i say go for the jugular quick and often...oh...not that kind of attack...sorry

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I doubt Philly changes their philosophy on blitzing.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Take what the D is giving. If they are up tight; go deep. Play back; go short to the backs. Anytime outside of third and long and they back out of the box-run it. If Cole is getting pressure roll out- make the D line run and wear them down. work the slants to TO. See how well they are covering Witten and if there is a way to shake him loose.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I would start off with some 30 yard slants. Once that loosens them up I would run some sweeps and off tackle plays up the middle, some draw plays around the end etc. At this point they would have moved up near the line of scrimmage, so I would run some deep outs in front of the middle linebacker. And then back to the 30 yard slants.

[/joke]

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dfense;1740730 said:
I don't see the Cowboys coming out and trying to jam the run down Philly's throat. That could turn into a 2 yd gain, 1 yd gain, here comes an exotic blitz on 3rd and 7.

I definitely see the Cowboys leaning heavily on the pass on first down. The Eagles won't be dialing up their blitz schemes on every first down and it really changes the game plan if Dallas has a lot of 2nd and short.

Lots of passing in the first half. Lots of running in the second half.

That's my best guess analysis of the day. :D

When JJ is in... I would like to see more running off-tackle

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1741013 said:
I would start off with some 30 yard slants. Once that loosens them up I would run some sweeps and off tackle plays up the middle, some draw plays around the end etc. At this point they would have moved up near the line of scrimmage, so I would run some deep outs in front of the middle linebacker. And then back to the 30 yard slants.

:laugh2: :bow: