Plax, Shockey absent

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Thursday, June 1, 2006
http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr...lRUV5eTY5NDIzMTcmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

The Giants have begun their organized team workouts at Giants Stadium, but neither wide receiver Plaxico Burress nor tight end Jeremy Shockey is participating.

Two of Eli Manning's top targets remain in Florida, working out at the University of Miami. Apparently neither will show up until the mandatory three-day veteran minicamp June 14-16, which closes out Tom Coughlin's off-season program.

"I have no comment on that," agent Drew Rosenhaus said when asked if his two clients would participate in any of the OTAs prior to the minicamp.

"We expected this, they didn't come last year, either," said general manager Ernie Accorsi.

In addition, with the signing of Rob Johnson, the Giants apparently no longer have interest in free agent Jay Fiedler as a potential backup to Manning. According to a team source, Fiedler remains a good month or so away from resuming throwing while Johnson, who has not played in two seasons, is nearly 100 percent recovered from Tommy John surgery on his throwing arm.

Several teams were interested in Johnson, who played for Coughlin in Jacksonville. So the Giants moved quickly to sign the 10-year veteran from Southern California.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
That's "The U" guys for ya. Still more loyal to their college homies than to their current team.

JD17

Reaction score
Why would Burress work out at "The U"? Didn't he play college ball at Michigan State or am I mistaken?:confused:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
JD17 said:
Why would Burress work out at "The U"? Didn't he play college ball at Michigan State or am I mistaken?:confused:

You are correct.

If you have an "in" than you are in.

On a side note it is rumored that the Patriots will likely sign Fiedler.