Players to watch over the second half of the season

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sam Williams

Went cold after the NE game, but has been a major contributor the last few weeks with back to back games with a sack.

Jalen Brooks

This is a tough one because he is still the #5 WR, so he may not get enough snaps to make an impact. However he looked very crisp against NY. His usage going forward will be something to watch

Rico Dowdle

Dowdle has been our best blitz protector, but last week he finally got some real run as a runner. I expect to see him get a steady diet of carries (between 10-15) going forward

Mazi Smith

His atrocious Eagles game is sandwiched in between two solid outings. Against the Giants he bullied both Andrew Thomas and Schmitz. His snaps have been steady at about 30% this season, mostly at 3T and close to even pass/run.

Honorable mention

TJ Bass

Unlikely to get much playing time on offense unless there is an injury. However I include him here because he had some solid outings filling in earlier this year, and if he gets a call again we can get a good look at seeing if he has real starter potential. I dont know that we have seen enough just yet. Farniok was playable when he started last year and now he is gone

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Sam Williams

Went cold after the NE game, but has been a major contributor the last few weeks with back to back games with a sack.

Jalen Brooks

This is a tough one because he is still the #5 WR, so he may not get enough snaps to make an impact. However he looked very crisp against NY. His usage going forward will be something to watch

Rico Dowdle

Dowdle has been our best blitz protector, but last week he finally got some real run as a runner. I expect to see him get a steady diet of carries (between 10-15) going forward

Mazi Smith

His atrocious Eagles game is sandwiched in between two solid outings. Against the Giants he bullied both Andrew Thomas and Schmitz. His snaps have been steady at about 30% this season, mostly at 3T and close to even pass/run.

Honorable mention

TJ Bass

Unlikely to get much playing time on offense unless there is an injury. However I include him here because he had some solid outings filling in earlier this year, and if he gets a call again we can get a good look at seeing if he has real starter potential. I dont know that we have seen enough just yet. Farniok was playable when he started last year and now he is gone
Pretty good list. if 3 out of the 4 guys on your list make big strides down the stretch, the overall team impact will be huge.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The number one player you definitely have to watch is Tyron Smith. 8 games left, how many you hoping he plays ? (Gigantic drop off if he's not out there).

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sam Williams

Jalen Brooks

Rico Dowdle

Mazi Smith

Honorable mention

TJ Bass

Another one I would add is 33. It's Clark's second season and he has been inconsistent. He has good games and made plays but he has also disappeared for stretches.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Im looking forward to the contribution that Minka crotCikkle provides in our playoff run.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sam Williams

Seems like ever since they made him a special teams captain, he has been showing up more in the pass rush. Don't know if his outstanding special teams play lit a spark in him, but have liked seeing what we hoped to see from him at the start of the year. He was dealing with a turf toe injury he suffered in late August, so it could just be that he's just now getting over that. I know it can take months for that kind of thing to heal.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Sam Williams

Jalen Brooks

Rico Dowdle

Mazi Smith

Honorable mention

TJ Bass

Turpin, Evans, Schoon

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sam Williams

Jalen Brooks

Rico Dowdle

Mazi Smith

Honorable mention

TJ Bass

You guys love for Bass is mind blowing. :huh:

Carson

Reaction score
You guys love for Bass is mind blowing. :huh:
There is always a few players fans hate (Carpenter, Taco, Joseph, Hill) and then there are guys we always think they are better then they are (Stanback, Matt Johnson, Bass etc)

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m looking at Micah’s performance down the stretch especially against the upcoming 5 teams with actual winning records

Last season his numbers spiraled downward in the last third of the season and we cant absorb that again and hope to see a different outcome