CFZ Playoff clarity is setting in, but the team looks more ready than a year ago

erod

Reaction score
So here we are. Some context and feel to this season is starting to set in.

Technically, the Seattle win wasn't against a winning team at this point, but that was a good win given how those two previous weeks played out. Then last night was brilliant. A curb-stomping of that team was needed, and I think it'll put further doubt in the Eagles' minds. They've had their hat handed to them in consecutive weeks against the only two NFC teams that matter to them.

The Cowboys have otherwise rolled through some dreadful teams outside of that debacle in Arizona. The bright side of it has been the lopsided wins and 40+ points they've put up on the regular. They beat bad teams badly, and there is something to be said for that.

Now, this season feels eerily like last year. It could very well end up being a wild card at Tampa, followed by a wild card at San Francisco, in a repeat opportunity against the troublesome 49ers. A gimme followed by mountain of a challenge.

The hope is, the Eagles are wallowing a bit in some self-doubt after getting exposed. Kansas City and Buffalo aren't that good this year, so those wins aren't either. (Dang it, why did both of those teams have to choke those games away.) The Philly fans and media are likely in full panic attack mode today. Can't be a fun day for the team.

The Eagles need to lose a game, preferably to the Giants, to give the Cowboys a path. An Eagles loss and the Cowboys running the table would work, or perhaps a better path would be an Eagles loss to the Giants and a 3-1 finish for Dallas as long as that loss isn't to Washington.

Strangely, losing last night would have made for an easier path to the NFC championship game, but no way would I change it. Let's get to the Niners as fresh as possible.

In the meantime, the offense looks crisp, the defense remains opportunistic, the kicker looks more than ready, and the schedule provides some opportunity build on the current confidence heading in.

C'mon Seahawks and Giants. Do us a solid. But whatever come what may.

stinkface

Reaction score
Why the NFL scheduled any NFC East member to play the same team twice in the last 3 weeks of the season is beyond me. Should be at least a month between games for a team in any Division to play each other.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
So here we are. Some context and feel to this season is starting to set in.

Technically, the Seattle win wasn't against a winning team at this point, but that was a good win given how those two previous weeks played out. Then last night was brilliant. A curb-stomping of that team was needed, and I think it'll put further doubt in the Eagles' minds. They've had their hat handed to them in consecutive weeks against the only two NFC teams that matter to them.

The Cowboys have otherwise rolled through some dreadful teams outside of that debacle in Arizona. The bright side of it has been the lopsided wins and 40+ points they've put up on the regular. They beat bad teams badly, and there is something to be said for that.

Now, this season feels eerily like last year. It could very well end up being a wild card at Tampa, followed by a wild card at San Francisco, in a repeat opportunity against the troublesome 49ers. A gimme followed by mountain of a challenge.

The hope is, the Eagles are wallowing a bit in some self-doubt after getting exposed. Kansas City and Buffalo aren't that good this year, so those wins aren't either. (Dang it, why did both of those teams have to choke those games away.) The Philly fans and media are likely in full panic attack mode today. Can't be a fun day for the team.

The Eagles need to lose a game, preferably to the Giants, to give the Cowboys a path. An Eagles loss and the Cowboys running the table would work, or perhaps a better path would be an Eagles loss to the Giants and a 3-1 finish for Dallas as long as that loss isn't to Washington.

Strangely, losing last night would have made for an easier path to the NFC championship game, but no way would I change it. Let's get to the Niners as fresh as possible.

In the meantime, the offense looks crisp, the defense remains opportunistic, the kicker looks more than ready, and the schedule provides some opportunity build on the current confidence heading in.

C'mon Seahawks and Giants. Do us a solid. But whatever come what may.
Yes, I think most veteran Cowboys Fans on this board just knew that poop of the bed loss to the Cards was going to end up biting us in the butt big time.

erod

Reaction score
Why the NFL scheduled any NFC East member to play the same team twice in the last 3 weeks of the season is beyond me. Should be at least a month between games for a team in any Division to play each other.
The league does that a lot, and I don't get it either.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We MUST be playing well because I'm usually at odds with whatever the OP says. :starspin:

TexasBacon

Reaction score
It feels somewhat like last year, but it feels more like we are Philly from last year where we really have what it takes and the QB play to go deep. Philly feels more like us last year, where they have sometimes suspect offensive play with a good record but can get beaten by good teams pretty easily. I hate that as Cowboys fans of the past 30 years we are always waiting for "that" game where everything goes to Hell, but dare I say this team feels different.