Playoff Question

JTnNC

Reaction score
Is it certain that we will play The Eagles in Rd 1 if we dont end up as the #2 Seed? Is there any chance we get Green Bay at home instead with us as the 3 and them as the 6 or will it be Dallas and Philly with the location undecided?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Yeah I think so! I was playing around on the Yahoo Playoff Generator and it looks like the only way we avoid playing Philly is if we get the #2 seed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
pjtoadie;3178973 said:
Yeah I think so! I was playing around on the Yahoo Playoff Generator and it looks like the only way we avoid playing Philly is if we get the #2 seed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I also heard that if we get a 1st round bye we cant sign free agents unless we lose a high priced player.

Some screwed up rule because of the cap.

All the teams with 1st round bye's cant bid on free agents up until a certain point.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Green Bay has lost 2 of their 4 games from AFC opponents.

Philly has lost 2 of their 4 games from AFC opponents.

So if Arizona beats GB and we beat Philly they both have 5 losses, and 2 of them would be to AFC opponents. Next tiebreakers is common games.

Both beat Chi, GB lost to TB and Philly beat them, however GB beat Dallas, and we could sweep Philly.

Both beat SF.

So in common games, Philly would be 3-2, and GB would be 3-1, which is a better winning percentage, so I'd assume GB would get the higher seed.

I may be wrong though.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
CATCH17;3178990 said:
I also heard that if we get a 1st round bye we cant sign free agents unless we lose a high priced player.

Some screwed up rule because of the cap.

All the teams with 1st round bye's cant bid on free agents up until a certain point.

M&M was saying seeds 1-4 in each Conference do not get to play with free Agents.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3179040 said:
Green Bay has lost 2 of their 4 games from AFC opponents.

Philly has lost 2 of their 4 games from AFC opponents.

So if Arizona beats GB and we beat Philly they both have 5 losses, and 2 of them would be to AFC opponents. Next tiebreakers is common games.

Both beat Chi, GB lost to TB and Philly beat them, however GB beat Dallas, and we could sweep Philly.

Both beat SF.

So in common games, Philly would be 3-2, and GB would be 3-1, which is a better winning percentage, so I'd assume GB would get the higher seed.

I may be wrong though.

Well I put in the Yahoo generator us beating Philly and Arizona beating GB and we would be the 4th seed playing host to Philly who would be the 5th seed. If we beat Philly and GB beats Arizona then we would be the 3rd seed playing Philly who would be the 6th seed. Now if Philly wins they would get the 3rd seed no matter what happens in the GB-Arizona game and we would be the 6th seed. If Minny loses tonight or next week and Philly beats us we would play in Minny.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
pjtoadie;3179087 said:
Well I put in the Yahoo generator us beating Philly and Arizona beating GB and we would be the 4th seed playing host to Philly who would be the 5th seed. If we beat Philly and GB beats Arizona then we would be the 3rd seed playing Philly who would be the 6th seed. Now if Philly wins they would get the 3rd seed no matter what happens in the GB-Arizona game and we would be the 6th seed. If Minny loses tonight or next week and Philly beats us we would play in Minny.

Ohh it's because Philly would be 9-3 in the conference if they lose to us next week, and GB would be 8-4 if they lose to Ari, but would be 9-3 if they beat Arizona, therefore making Philly the 6th seed.

Damnit.

We're pretty much going to be playing Philly back-to-back weeks. I dont like this one bit.