Playoff Scenario Excel Spreadsheet.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I read where someone created a spreadsheet last week with playoff scenario games in it. I never, opened it, but I think I recall him saying he did not put in logic for conference/division/like game scenarios

I was bored today at work and did the logic. I took it down to Div and conference record for the remaining teams in the MFC w/ legitimate chances. It also updates the dependent games (i.e. the NyG/Phi game will update both teams rankings based on chosing the Giants to win or lose)

Interesting to play with, there are scenarios where the NYG could miss the playoffs, we could win the division (unlikely). Also, we could win out and still miss the playoffs.

Also interesting is that Green Bay can very easily win their division. (Minn has to lose 2 of their final 4) Green Bay's remaining schedule is soft. Also If we go 2-2, and New Orleans wins out, they could jump in.

Let me now if anyone is interested and where I could post it for you if interested. At worst, it can pass a day

donutprince

Reaction score
I just joined this forum today but am a member of several other Cowboys forums and have been a Pokes fan for life, growing up & living still in NY/NJ areas. I would appreciate a look at this spreadsheet, if at all possible.

Thanks in Advance,
Matthew

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Sent to your emails. Working on the wildcard logic. May update later today

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Good idea. I have some validation/dropdowns do I am not sure google docs would work.

I would like to find a way to save somewhere public. I have sent about 20 emails. :) any ideas?

demirji22

Reaction score
McLovin;2457358 said:
Good idea. I have some validation/dropdowns do I am not sure google docs would work.

I would like to find a way to save somewhere public. I have sent about 20 emails. :) any ideas?

Hey McLovin,
I was the one who posted the spreadsheet online.
Yeah, I just didnt have the time to take into account the div and conference, etc...
I posted my file on http://www.freedrive.com
It is a free site.
Just make an account, log in and post your file.
Then give us the link here at the forum and we can download it.
Hope that helps.
Definetly look forward to looking at it.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I tried to access that page from work and I got the corporate black screen of death....

I hate to bother you but if I send you the sheet can you upload it in your account?

I am working the head to head and wildcard seeding now (currently it shows overall, division, and conference records with the final four weeks of "what ifs")

demirji22

Reaction score
McLovin;2457394 said:
Thanks for the advice. I tried to access that page from work and I got the corporate black screen of death....

I hate to bother you but if I send you the sheet can you upload it in your account?

I am working the head to head and wildcard seeding now (currently it shows overall, division, and conference records with the final four weeks of "what ifs")

Once you are done just email it to me.
demirji22@yahoo.com
and I will upload it.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Does that spreadsheet includes the tiebreakers for common games, strength of victory and strength of schedule?

jwhardin

Reaction score
When I see the current playoff standings on here it shows the boys still on the outside, but twice on sports channels, it show the boys at nr 6, so what's up or they one spot down or at 6 right now.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Does that spreadsheet includes the tiebreakers for common games, strength of victory and strength of schedule?

I am working the head to head conference games. The division was easier. like games (minimum 4) is harder. Strength of schedule/victory is easy in theory, you would have to create a what if for every team to get their week 14, 15, 16, 17 running totals updated

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
McLovin;2458202 said:

I am working the head to head conference games. The division was easier. like games (minimum 4) is harder. Strength of schedule/victory is easy in theory, you would have to create a what if for every team to get their week 14, 15, 16, 17 running totals updated

You got this stuff down.