Playoff Scenarios for week 15

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CBS site has not been update yet.

But looking at the standings, Dallas needs 1 win to clinch a playoff spot.
Philly the same, 1 win to clinch.
Of course they can also clinch with other teams losing, but those are not up yet. And I am not going through the scenarios. Nor do I need the playoff generator as well.
SF clinch on by GB losing last night.

Current % for playoffs.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

Current magic numbers
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcwinmagicnumbers.html

2 wins for Dallas no worse than a 5 seed. But we all know this. Just showing the mathematics of it.

Current draft order.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

I will look for any other listed scenarios other than the CBS website.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Panthers and Patriots are officially eliminated from the playoffs. In case anyone was wondering. :laugh:

J-man

Reaction score
At this point, if we can't the 1 seed, I think I'd rather just have the 5 seed and go play one of those crappy NFCS teams first round.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas clinches 6th seed with a win. And 5th seed if Detroit or Minnesota loses and a Dallas win.
Not going through the entire thing. Will wait until a printed version is out later today.

Around the 3 minute mark.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
To add - a win not only guarantees a Playoff spot, but the WORST the Cowboys can then hope for is the 5th seed. That means that they are playing each week to win in hopes that Philadelphia drops another game which, frankly, has a good likelihood. BEST case scenario is that the 49ers also get caught on one more game and the Cowboys slip into the 1 seed.

The win against the Eagles was huge not just because every win is big, but losing that game would have all but made the rest of the season's games meaningless.

EDIT - I stand corrected, there is a still a scenario (though unlikely) that they could get the 6th seed. If they fell that bad it would be nothing short of a collapse.

Carson

Reaction score
To add - a win not only guarantees a Playoff spot, but the WORST the Cowboys can then hope for is the 5th seed. That means that they are playing each week to win in hopes that Philadelphia drops another game which, frankly, has a good likelihood. BEST case scenario is that the 49ers also get caught on one more game and the Cowboys slip into the 1 seed.

The win against the Eagles was huge not just because every win is big, but losing that game would have all but made the rest of the season's games meaningless.
I don’t think it made them meaningless. We would have 9 wins. Minnesota is creeping with 7 wins, Packers, Seahawks, Rams are all treading water with 6. The 6 win teams likely wont get to 10 wins. But I feel much better at 10 than I did at 9

CCBoy

Reaction score
Giants still alive and kicking with 5 wins!
Oh no, this isn't karate class and there are rules against kicking. :muttley:

My focus:

Dallas 10-3
Eagles 10-3
49'ers 10-3
Lions 9-4
Ravens 10-3
Miami 9-4
Buffalo 7-6
Washington 4-9

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don’t think it made them meaningless. We would have 9 wins. Minnesota is creeping with 7 wins, Packers, Seahawks, Rams are all treading water with 6. The 6 win teams likely wont get to 10 wins. But I feel much better at 10 than I did at 9
You're right, but it's much better feeling to go into each game with hope for the 1-2 seed than the 5th seed. Not that we still may not drop but still

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right, but it's much better feeling to go into each game with hope for the 1-2 seed than the 5th seed. Not that we still may not drop but still
Right, as there are much more possibilities now. Than just being stuck in that 5th seed spot.