CFZ Playoff Scenarios

Jayinem

Reaction score
I just checked and there are very few scenarios for us to get the #1 seed, in addition to winning out and Eagles losing out right now we have the same record as the 49ers but would lose a tiebreaker to them if we both won out because they have a better Conference record than us. Also the Vikings have a better record than us overall right now but we beat them head to head so here is all what we would need to happen for us to get #1 seed.

Cowboys win 2 games (@Titans and @Commanders)
Eagles lose 2 games (vs. Saints and vs. Giants)
49ers lose 1 game (@Raiders or vs. Cardinals)
Vikings lose 1 game (@Packers or @Bears)

All of the above would have to happen to get #1 seed.

But although still unlikely we can still get a #2 #3 or #4 seed (obviously as division winner) if we can win out and the Eagles lose out depending on what also happens with the 49ers and Vikings yet again. Hurts injury opens that door slightly but he may be back.

We have the biggest chance of being #5 seed (we cannot be #6 or #7 no matter what)

If we're the #5 seed we have the best chance of playing the Bucs, but the Panthers and Saints are both only 1 game behind Tampa and can still win that division. No other teams are possible to play if we get #5 just Bucs, Panthers or Saints.

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
Up to you but I wouldn't just yet, see what happens this weekend first. Although some of the scenarios might come down to the Final week.

Can you even get tickets to games that aren't confirmed yet anyway? I've never even been to a pro game.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Up to you but I wouldn't just yet, see what happens this weekend first. Although some of the scenarios might come down to the Final week.

Can you even get tickets to games that aren't confirmed yet anyway? I've never even been to a pro game.
i see... i just don't see TB losing to CAR and us not being anything but the 5 seed... Eagles have a lot on the line with the Saints losing because it will directly affect their compensation in the draft. Minshew did this against us who is supp to be the better defense in the league in rankings...so that is why and yes - I've locked it up and you get a refund if TB loses to CAR and does not host

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Green bay just has to beat the "turf pedigreed" Vikes and Detroit at Lambeau on grass and Washington lose 1 game (Browns/Cowboys)
Or the Giants Lose Both Games to Colts/Eagles

Who woulda thought the Cheese heads would have a shot at the Playoffs

The Cowboys and Eagles Could both rest their Starters the final week just to keep Rodgers Out of the playoffs. Ha ha ha
Js

Last edited:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I just checked and there are very few scenarios for us to get the #1 seed, in addition to winning out and Eagles losing out right now we have the same record as the 49ers but would lose a tiebreaker to them if we both won out because they have a better Conference record than us. Also the Vikings have a better record than us overall right now but we beat them head to head so here is all what we would need to happen for us to get #1 seed.

But although still unlikely we can still get a #2 #3 or #4 seed (obviously as division winner) if we can win out and the Eagles lose out depending on what also happens with the 49ers and Vikings yet again. Hurts injury opens that door slightly but he may be back.

We have the biggest chance of being #5 seed (we cannot be #6 or #7 no matter what)

If we're the #5 seed we have the best chance of playing the Bucs, but the Panthers and Saints are both only 1 game behind Tampa and can still win that division. No other teams are possible to play if we get #5 just Bucs, Panthers or Saints.
Can’t be the 4 seed either.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This is where having a Thursday game really sucks. We have to play Thursday as if there is a chance to win the division. If we already knew if the Eagles beat the Saints and we were locked into the 5th seed at game time, it could change how we play both scheme wise and player wise. As it is, we have to go all out to win this Thursday game.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
As long as Rodgers is out of the playoffs, I’m confident this Dallas team will beat any of those teams in round 1.

Brooksey

Reaction score
If you guys think were going to walk into TB and beat Tom Brady, Mike Evans, Godwin, J Jones and Fournette with this secondary...you're dreaming

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think we will play the bucs...revenge time.

blueblood70

Reaction score

right like a 5% shot LOL

nope 5 seed here we come!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Really wondering if I should get my tickets to the Buccs game now

I would feel safe making reservations now. It's NFC South no matter what, and after Brady's win it's almost a foregone conclusion, although there is still a chance for an upset with the Saints/Panthers both playing the Buccs.

blueblood70

Reaction score

which one would you choose out of those 3 south teams?