Playoff Simulator is back!

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

blueblood70

Reaction score
No team has clinched anything right now, nor have been limited.
I heard that the Philadelphia Eagles clinched a playoff spot but I they could be wrong they could have been an eagle fan saying it but I think they mathematically already clinched giving the NFC rankings to other teams???

Adreme

Reaction score
So upon testing I was right if the Cowboys wins out and the Eagles lose to the Cowboys and 49ers than the NFC East goes to the Eagles.

Looks like the 1 seed in the NFC might very well come down to week 15 MNF Ravens vs 49ers and the AFC might come down to the week 16 Ravens vs Dolphins.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard that the Philadelphia Eagles clinched a playoff spot but I they could be wrong they could have been an eagle fan saying it but I think they mathematically already clinched giving the NFC rankings to other teams???
For any team to qualify for the playoffs, unless you already have out right won your division. Which no team has of course.
You need to eliminate 9 teams from being in contention with you.

Right now from my count, Panthers and Cardinals are out vs a spot with Dallas. With a Dallas win or NYG loss, they will be out, I think same for Washington. In terms against Dallas. And Chicago, which would make it 5 teams. Rams are close in the next 2 games to be out as well.

Philly ... Panthers, Cardinals, Bears, Giants, Commanders. That is 5 teams. Possibly TB, depending tie breakers. But with a Philly win or loss by TB, they re out.
Same for a Philly win, and losses by LAR, GB, NO. They could be out as well, again depending tie breakers. And I am not going through any of those at this point.

I am just looking at W / L and the next weeks games. Or next 2 weeks, any combination of a Phlliy win, and those teams lose, they clinch.

So I don't need no stinking' simulator. :laugh:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
For any team to qualify for the playoffs, unless you already have out right won your division. Which no team has of course.
You need to eliminate 9 teams from being in contention with you.

Right now from my count, Panthers and Cardinals are out vs a spot with Dallas. With a Dallas win or NYG loss, they will be out, I think same for Washington. In terms against Dallas. And Chicago, which would make it 5 teams. Rams are close in the next 2 games to be out as well.

Philly ... Panthers, Cardinals, Bears, Giants, Commanders. That is 5 teams. Possibly TB, depending tie breakers. But with a Philly win or loss by TB, they re out.
Same for a Philly win, and losses by LAR, GB, NO. They could be out as well, again depending tie breakers. And I am not going through any of those at this point.

I am just looking at W / L and the next weeks games. Or next 2 weeks, any combination of a Phlliy win, and those teams lose, they clinch.

So I don't need no stinking' simulator. :laugh:
Eagles went 0-6 on my simulation. Sucks to suck Eagles. Better luck next year.

Carson

Reaction score
Thank you Blue! I saw the same thing and I know I wasn’t crazy seeing this lol

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Yea, hate to say it but it's unlikely we win the division or get the no. 1 seed. Even if the eagles lose to us and 49ers, we'd need them to drop an additional game to either the giants, cardinals, or seahawks to have a chance. god that cardinals game is biting us in butt something terrible