Playoff Simulator is back!

nobody

Reaction score
I heard that the Philadelphia Eagles clinched a playoff spot but I they could be wrong they could have been an eagle fan saying it but I think they mathematically already clinched giving the NFC rankings to other teams???
Fortunately, nobody has clinched anything yet. It would be listed on the standings page of NFL.com. It's unlikely that they won't clinch a spot barring catastrophic injuries causing losses though.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yup, I have been toying with it since it was released in week 11. I have the Cowboys winning the 1-seed as well.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I have the Eagles finishing last in the division in my simulator. It needs some work though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
For any team to qualify for the playoffs, unless you already have out right won your division. Which no team has of course.
You need to eliminate 9 teams from being in contention with you.

Right now from my count, Panthers and Cardinals are out vs a spot with Dallas. With a Dallas win or NYG loss, they will be out, I think same for Washington. In terms against Dallas. And Chicago, which would make it 5 teams. Rams are close in the next 2 games to be out as well.

Philly ... Panthers, Cardinals, Bears, Giants, Commanders. That is 5 teams. Possibly TB, depending tie breakers. But with a Philly win or loss by TB, they re out.
Same for a Philly win, and losses by LAR, GB, NO. They could be out as well, again depending tie breakers. And I am not going through any of those at this point.

I am just looking at W / L and the next weeks games. Or next 2 weeks, any combination of a Phlliy win, and those teams lose, they clinch.

So I don't need no stinking' simulator. :laugh:
The way I see it if the worst is 10 wins somebody said they qualify meaning they probably at worst can be a wild card team even if they lost every single game from here on out we're talking about Philly here... But who knows I mean I'm pretty sure ten win gets you a wild card...

mcmvp

Reaction score
I believe they already clinched a playoff spot
They did…so much for the validity of their simulator. Sounds about as accurate as their ‘ESPN analytics’…those are a laugh as well

Sydla

Reaction score
Yup, I have been toying with it since it was released in week 11. I have the Cowboys winning the 1-seed as well.
With same record? There is only a few scenarios that can happen. One involves the Giants or Cards beating them which seems unlikely.