Please ... no injury at the QB position

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Cowboys are looking good right now at the Qb position. But, one injury can change all that. With Henson gone, the position is a little thin. Why did Henson have to be cut now? Why couldn't he have played one half vs. SF? I could understand cutting Henson during the final cuts, but this was way too early and too risky (right now). Stay healthy Bledsoe and Romo. And every other cowboy too.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
ninja said:
The Cowboys are looking good right now at the Qb position. But, one injury can change all that. With Henson gone, the position is a little thin. Why did Henson have to be cut now? Why couldn't he have played one half vs. SF? I could understand cutting Henson during the final cuts, but this was way too early and too risky (right now). Stay healthy Bledsoe and Romo. And every other cowboy too.
My guess is that he pissed in Parcells' Post Toasties and was told to get gone.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I think Kerry Collins is still sitting by the phone, the Vinterception could use a job too. Both are far better players than Henson.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mosely reported before the announcement that Henson was going to ask for a trade/release, I think that forced Parcells hand.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
We want Vinni!

Got to admit...old BP is one hard-headed SOB.

Its not every day you get to blow 3 mil in cap space, and a 3rd round draft pick...all b/c you are to hard headed to play your 3rd string QB.

Good one.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
parcells said the team invested "due diligence" in henson - and he just wasn't showing them anything.

sorry henson's stock tanked. how much did ya buy?

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
yup.

Thing is..we got Q. Morgan for AB, and we get a cap hit for Henson.

Im not a NFL GM, but jeez....

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
eduncan22 said:
yup.

Thing is..we got Q. Morgan for AB, and we get a cap hit for Henson.

Im not a NFL GM, but jeez....
With Morgan and AB it was cut AB or see what we can get because AB was not staying here. We got Morgan which was better than nothing...sort of...I mean he is still in the league and played with the Superbowl winners last year. And remember AB's new team did not want to keep him even after he produced 1000 yards...he was a lost cause.

With Henson we took a flyer on a guy that had a lot of props in scouting circles. It was a gamble that would have been worth it had he panned out...he didn't. It's no worse than wiffing on a first round pick except that it only cost us a 3rd for what was said to be a 1st round talent.

ratpower

Reaction score
I was at Oxnard and saw our third string new guy...let's just say he is a total scrub...there is no way in heck that Henson was worse then that guy....

Pray for no injuries to Drew and Romo but I'm sure BP has someone else in mind for the 3rd spot (unless he's insane)...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ninja said:
Why do you think Henson's absence makes any difference...he couldn't even win the 3rd string spot, so how was he going to make a difference in our season, injury or not.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
If Bledsoe goes down, Vinny will be in here so fast it will make all of our heads spin.

Not saying Romo won't start but Vinny will be here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ninja said:

I never want to see my starting QB go down but I do feel a lot more comfortable if Romo is forced into action this season. He has been with the team 4 years and he should have a good understanding of the offense.

Angus

Reaction score
Crayton is a college quarterback turned wide receiver. And this may help Green's case. He was a high school quarterback, I think. Might just carry two for the position and have a couple of emergency quarterbacks.

fortdick

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
If Bledsoe goes down, Vinny will be in here so fast it will make all of our heads spin.

Not saying Romo won't start but Vinny will be here.

That is scary. True, but scary.