Poach a DT

neosapien23

Reaction score
Dallas now has an open roster spot. However, with the release of Ken Bishop the team needs another run stuffing DT for obvious running downs and to give Hayden a breather. I was up and looking at teams practice squads and I noticed a bunch of names.

Kerry Hyder
Joey Mbu
George Uko
Deandre Coleman

Out of all those names that caught my eye, I would be interested in Deandre Coleman. He is much more of a run suffer than a pass rush threat. He is 6'5 and 315 lbs but is ripped. That is the most shredded person I have ever seen at that weight. Now he doesn't rush the passer that well despite his physique but he does stuff the run. I would like Dallas to take a shot at him and poach him from Denver's practice squad. We could use another run stuffer and I think he would offer more than Coleman or Bishop. He is also extremely long and would help bat a few passes down or at least make it harder to throw.

John813

Reaction score
I didn't know why the Dolphins cut Coleman. They went with Vets at DT, and they have all underperformed.

I like the coleman suggestion

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dallas now has an open roster spot. However, with the release of Ken Bishop the team needs another run stuffing DT for obvious running downs and to give Hayden a breather. I was up and looking at teams practice squads and I noticed a bunch of names.

Kerry Hyder
Joey Mbu
George Uko
Deandre Coleman

Out of all those names that caught my eye, I would be interested in Deandre Coleman. He is much more of a run suffer than a pass rush threat. He is 6'5 and 315 lbs but is ripped. That is the most shredded person I have ever seen at that weight. Now he doesn't rush the passer that well despite his physique but he does stuff the run. I would like Dallas to take a shot at him and poach him from Denver's practice squad. We could use another run stuffer and I think he would offer more than Coleman or Bishop. He is also extremely long and would help bat a few passes down or at least make it harder to throw.

Being in shape does not make a football player. Being a physical freak doesn't either. That said, I have no idea who this guy is.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Still only have 2 DT's on roster, Hayden and Crawford. - and several DE's masquerading as DT's.
This refusal to draft/trade/ pick up any DT's (1 tech) just infuriates me no end. Is my one huge pet peev !

John813

Reaction score
Being in shape does not make a football player. Being a physical freak doesn't either. That said, I have no idea who this guy is.

He did well in preseason for the Dolphins. IIRC he received some good reviews for some of the preseason games this year. Dolphins were loaded at DT, so it was just a numbers game for Coleman. That being said, I don't believe he went up against #1's, so the jury is still out on how good he really is. Think he is raw, with potential to be a solid depth DT.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Still only have 2 DT's on roster, Hayden and Crawford. - and several DE's masquerading as DT's.
This refusal to draft/trade/ pick up any DT's (1 tech) just infuriates me no end. Is my one huge pet peev !

Tell it......

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Unless Ty Crawford is converting to 1 tech, Cowboys have no interest in bringing in competition for Hayden. Dallas had multiple opportunities to push the NT spot with Miami cut Deandre Coleman (Denver), Giants cut Kenrick Ellis (Minnesota) or even Louis Nix (still FA) but interest was tepid. Dallas at least worked out Ellis.