Poll: Ray Lewis

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Is Ray Lewis still the best MLB in the league? Obviously hes not the Michael Jordan of anything let alone football but he is still the most dominant MLB?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Two words:

Brian Urlacher

Ray Lewis isn't even the best MLB in his division. Joey Porter is (technically, he is a RILB, but would be MLB in the 4-3).

Manster54

Reaction score
He clearly was until he started getting injured. A line backer is only as good as the people in front of him. His mouth and dance always gets on my nerves, (that was one of T.O.'s celebrations that I actually laughed at) but if he is healthy and has the two studs Urlacher has, he is no doubt better than Urlacher. He was the best when he had Goose & Same Adams in front with Lional Dalton rotating. Now, he has little to keep the guards off him.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Dunno if its nessecarily his fault, but that doesn't change the fact that the answer is NO.

The Ravens have gotten wrose and worse on defense, and the offense has never been good.

If Ray Lewis was playing in Chicago, he'd be as effective as Urlacher, but like most LB's, he's only as good as the people in front of him.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Dunno if its nessecarily his fault, but that doesn't change the fact that the answer is NO.

The Ravens have gotten wrose and worse on defense, and the offense has never been good.

If Ray Lewis was playing in Chicago, he'd be as effective as Urlacher, but like most LB's, he's only as good as the people in front of him.

I dunno about that anymore. Urlacher has the range, speed, size, and athleticism that Ray is losing....

Ray may be a stronger. But Urlacher is superior in coverage, blitzing (IMO), and sideline to sideline pursuit.

Ray Lewis is getting older....and it is showing. Though, I do agree, that you can only be as good as the two DT's in front of you.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Vintage said:
I dunno about that anymore. Urlacher has the range, speed, size, and athleticism that Ray is losing....

Ray may be a stronger. But Urlacher is superior in coverage, blitzing (IMO), and sideline to sideline pursuit.

Ray Lewis is getting older....and it is showing. Though, I do agree, that you can only be as good as the two DT's in front of you.

Can't really argue that.

Ray probably got worn down a bit due to the fact that he had to play in the 3-4.

Urlacher is incredibly athletic. I remember him just running Vick down.

Ray has lost a step, but mentally he is still up there as one of the best.

Ray may not be the best, but still is definately among the best.

Smith22

Reaction score
Manster54 said:
He clearly was until he started getting injured. A line backer is only as good as the people in front of him. His mouth and dance always gets on my nerves, (that was one of T.O.'s celebrations that I actually laughed at) but if he is healthy and has the two studs Urlacher has, he is no doubt better than Urlacher. He was the best when he had Goose & Same Adams in front with Lional Dalton rotating. Now, he has little to keep the guards off him.

Agree 100%. This is exactly why I'm a little nervous about our lack of depth at NT...