Poll -Torrin Tucker

texastwister

Reaction score
Do you think we should sign Tucker back as a backup guard/tackle or try and go with another lineman. Neal is gone. Reminder Tucker can play both guard and tackle and maybe get into the mix at LG with Peterman and Kosier.:confused:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The line is bad enough as it is, without Tucker. I dont see any reason to add him to the stable of mediocrity.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
The line is bad enough as it is, without Tucker. I dont see any reason to add him to the stable of mediocrity.

Draft someone. I've been waiting for Tucker to show something, but every 3rd or 4th game he plays doesn't cut it.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I say yes because he has some good experience and I believe that could really help with his durability as a offensive lineman...

He just need to be more active in the off-season workouts to make his self stronger and faster...

Need to learn how to beat down the speed rushers... He was average when he was in there.. He could do but so much for a Quarterback that sits in the pocket all day not even throwing the ball away when he doesn't see nobody open.. That's exactly why Cowboys got Terrell Owens because Keyshawn Johnson can't get open...

Lets see what happens to Jake Delhomme when Keyshawn is trying to get open...

texastwister

Reaction score
Jake will ask John Fox if he could release the slow motion button on Key when he runs routes compared to Steve Smith:lmao2:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I say yes because he has some good experience and I believe that could really help with his durability as a offensive lineman... /quote]

Agreed. He is a solid backup. His tendered offer will not break the bank and he has good experience. He can be effective as long as he is not asked to be a full-time starter.

At least let him fight for a roster spot in training camp.

lspain1

Reaction score
Go get someone else....anybody else!!!!

Let me ask you...who do you want Tucker to replace on the line...for even one play?

I'd rather have draft choice who had some potential to grow because Tucker looks to have peaked and his peak performance seems to be at the level of the Dead Sea.

texastwister

Reaction score
Who do you want to replace Tucker? You know what you have in Tucker a draft pick can be a J Rogers or a Peterman or a Larry Allen. It is a gamble. Most of the rookies we draft this year may have a tough chance of making this team because of the depth we have at some postions. We have guys coming back from injury and new players they have signed. I'm not saying Tucker shouldnt be replaced but he plays 2 positions and that is an extra roster spot you dont have to carry. That is why the guy is getting looked at in the first place.

Justis

Reaction score
The guy allowed 12.5 to Pettiti's 13.5 and that was in six less games. I say he should be run out of town on a rail.

lspain1

Reaction score
texastwister said:
Who do you want to replace Tucker? You know what you have in Tucker a draft pick can be a J Rogers or a Peterman or a Larry Allen. It is a gamble. Most of the rookies we draft this year may have a tough chance of making this team because of the depth we have at some postions. We have guys coming back from injury and new players they have signed. I'm not saying Tucker shouldnt be replaced but he plays 2 positions and that is an extra roster spot you dont have to carry. That is why the guy is getting looked at in the first place.

I believe Tucker is not a gamble. He is guaranteed to be awful.

texastwister

Reaction score
I know one thing about Tucker-About 87% of the posters on this board had our season washed up when Adams went down and we brought in Tucker. For weeks it was the sky is falling threads about Tucker and Pettiti and we still almost made the playoffs.

I ask this question which combo cost us making the playoffs?

Tucker/Pettiti
Cortez-Cundiff
:laugh2:

lspain1

Reaction score
texastwister said:
I know one thing about Tucker-About 87% of the posters on this board had our season washed up when Adams went down and we brought in Tucker. For weeks it was the sky is falling threads about Tucker and Pettiti and we still almost made the playoffs.

I ask this question which combo cost us making the playoffs?

Tucker/Pettiti
Cortez-Cundiff
:laugh2:

Hey, that's like picking between a disaster and a catastrophe! Which ever one you pick, the result's not gonna be good!:)